New to Solo and back in NJ after 8 years in the south
 1 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
mermaid13

--
11 Apr 2013 05:23 PM

Although I was born and raised in NJ, I moved to the south when I was still quite young. 8 years later, I'm back. Needless to say, I don't know many people.

I have only attended/participated in one solo event. I did have a blast and have wanted to continue since that time! (It was the last event of that season.) I'm really looking forward to attending another event, but I'm having trouble distinguishing what events are for who. Any pushes in the right direction would be awesome. I would definitely be registering as a novice. 

I know that when I do get to an event, I'll need my helmet, no junk in my trunk, and be able to pass the tech inspection. Like I said, my biggest question is how to tell the events apart. This (http://www.autox4u.com/events/) seems to be the calender to use. There are a lot of acronyms in there and I would hate to show up ready to run at an event I'm so not ready for.

Help? 

Sho Torii
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    02 May 2013 05:23 PM

Welcome back to NJ!  As you noticed, we have many clubs running autocross events in the area.  To name a few:

NNJR (Northern New Jersey Region) SCCA  @ Meadowlands

NNJR PCA (Porsche Club of America) @ Meadowlands

MSNE (Motorsports Northeast) @ Meadowland

SJR (Southern Jersey Region) SCCA @ Bader Field in Atlantic City

I'd recommend NNJR SCCA events since they are one of the most novice friendly clubs.  They have loaner helmets and good instructors who can ride along with you.  You can ask questions to any of the veteran autocrossers there and anyone will be happy to help you.  There will be an event on May 26th.  If you come, look me up.  I will be in a yellow Formula Ford (CM) and should be easy to spot.

I noticed that some of the NNJR events are not listed on AutoX4U.com event page.  You will find the info on their events in the following link:

http://www.autox4u.com/clubs/nnjr-scca/

You are not authorized to post a reply.

SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner