Update on surrounding regions' events
 3 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
spdoran

--
14 Apr 2013 01:55 PM

Gooch and I made our way to Memphis this weekend for an event hosted by the mid-south region of SCCA. The guys there are eerily similar to the make up of our group's personalities and talent (as always we were spanked by a duo of STS and STR miatas) and were more than welcoming and very happy to have us there. The event was around 15 cars with double drivers on three of them and a challenging course layout. I strongly recommend traveling to their events for anyone located in Northern Mississippi especially. They said that they usually plan events on our off weekends so that there is minimal overlap. Anyway, just a recommendation. 

Hope to see everyone at Columbus this weekend,

Sean 

tgeorge
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    15 Apr 2013 09:30 AM
    Cool Sean. I havent been to a mid south autocross in a couple of years. Where was the event held, Millington airport?

Taylor
    spdoran

--
    15 Apr 2013 10:10 AM
    Yeah it was at Millington. They also informed us that Memphis International Raceway (MIR) will be repaved start to finish at some point this year and they will be hosting track events there after that.
    georgebpainter
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    20 Apr 2013 10:06 PM
    Mississippi was formed from members of MidSouth and Delta in 1963 and we've continued to cooperate as best we could since then.
    I like Millington, but am most happy to hear of the resurfacing of Memphis International. I've spent a "few" weekends there --- and a "few" $$$$$ - every penny of which I've throughly enjoyed.
    From Jackson, Millington is only 3hrs/45min. and MIR is 3hrs. 15min.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner