0 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
The_Mike

--
14 Apr 2013 11:25 PM

Hello everyone!

Several years ago, I attended the odd local autocross in an old beat up MR2. Recently, I had to sell the MR2, but was still bit by the autocross bug. Today, I just competed in my first autocross with my 2011 Golf TDI daily driver, and had a blast. The LRR tires were awful, the gearing was short, but I enjoyed it immensely. Well, at least until I looked at the wear caused to my poor tires!

I'd like to purchase a second set of lighter wheels and stickyish street tires (Rivals, maybe?), but am a bit confused about the rules. My stock wheels are VW Portos, 17"x7", 54 mm offset, with a 5x112 pattern. This is an extremely uncommon size, as the vast majority (95%+) of wheels I can find in that pattern are 17"x7.5". I believe that there were optional wheels that were sold my year in the 17"x7.5" size as well as 18"x? and others (according to http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/...x112.htm), but I don't know for sure or how the Stock Class sizing works. 

Would it be H-Stock legal for me to purchase http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whee...howRear=no" style="font-family: Arial, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal;">Enkei RPF1s at 17"x7.5", 48 mm offset and 225/45R17 Rivals? Nobody seems to race TDIs, so I am having a hard time locating a source of information.

Thanks!

-Mike

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner