As Dave already said, some better planning on T&S in advance would have made things much smoother. The bracket tree was set up for only one run per driver, we needed to do two in order to make it fair. The left lane was the faster of the two and we didn't want to give a big advantage to whoever ended up in the left lane.
Another thing that bogged us down was that some people left after the first part of the event. Some told us, some didn't. It made finding cars for the brackets tough. That was a weather thing and won't likely be an issue again.
It was a learning experience for us; that may be the most chaotic I've seen the inside of the bus.
- Ditch the special classes and just run normal classes. It caused confusion at registration, many people didn't have magnets for those classes made (especially with numbers).
- For the first part, the class winners should have been chosen by their best right and left time combined. I believe we only used your best time of 4 for class winners and for seeding the elimination bracket.
- We used a modifier for the eliminator round. Is that something we plan to keep doing? I was under the impression that we were only going to use raw. That was probably the biggest delay in the bus. We couldn't say who the winner was right away. The times had to be added together for right and left, then multiplied by the special class modifier in order to see who won.
- We should talk to our software guy and see if there is a pro-solo option so times could feed directly into the database or brackets. We did entirely too much hand calculating at T&S. It was bad for us and even worse for the racers.
- For this event, we definitely need an announcer an the PA set up.
- It might be a good idea to pull out the old way we did Aussie pursuits. Big hand drawn brackets that were done quickly.
Thanks to everyone who showed up and stuck it out!