Safety Wiring
 1 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
the3lracer

--
23 Apr 2013 09:47 AM

In recent days/weeks, there has been a discussion among members of my region regarding the requirement (or non-requirement) of safety wiring (or cotter keying/pinning) all bolted components within the steering and braking systems of a non-Moto/ ICC 125 shifter kart. I could have sworn that there was some requirement within the Solo rules for either Safety Tech or within the Kart regulations that stated this, but I have not been able to find this in regards to the steering components (19.1.C.2 indicates about the requirement of such karts to be compliant to the rules set in which the kart was prepared). Could someone point out to me this requirement if it exists, and if it doesn't, could someone tell me if it ever DID exist, and when it was subsequently removed?

Scoob
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    23 Apr 2013 04:53 PM
    Interesting that I couldn't find it either, but there is mention of it in the Formula Junior guidelines, specifically in reference to Section 3.3.3 (B) where it should appear. I will investigate why the safety wire items don't appear in that section.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner