Page 3 of 4 << < 1234 > >>
Author Messages
edfishjr
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
10 Jul 2013 01:04 PM

Posted By <span class='af-profile-name'>talon95</span> on 10 Jul 2013 11:57 AM
<p>Well the C6 is in A-street too.  Of course someone has to make a tire that fits it first, but that's currently true for the C5 as well.</p>
<p>Dave G.</p>

Do you think the 285/30-18 ZII could work on the C5Z06 rear? Or the C6 if it gets the -1" ? It's a short mother at 24.8"
hklvette
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
10 Jul 2013 02:37 PM
You'd have to find something as short or shorter for the front. I'm not sure if such a tire exists in a wheel diameter and/ or width that will fit on a C6 or C5. There aren't many choices available near 26.6" diameter (275/40/18) for our use. I guess it really all comes down to this: The car to have will be the one (or ones) that can make best use of the available tire sizes and compounds.
edfishjr
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
10 Jul 2013 09:12 PM

Posted By <span class='af-profile-name'>hklvette</span> on 10 Jul 2013 02:37 PM
You'd have to find something as short or shorter for the front. I'm not sure if such a tire exists in a wheel diameter and/ or width that will fit on a C6 or C5. There aren't many choices available near 26.6" diameter (275/40/18) for our use. I guess it really all comes down to this: The car to have will be the one (or ones) that can make best use of the available tire sizes and compounds.

255/40-17 is 25.0" tall.
talon95
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
11 Jul 2013 05:55 AM
Posted By edfishjr on 10 Jul 2013 01:04 PM

Posted By talon95 on 10 Jul 2013 11:57 AM

Well the C6 is in A-street too.  Of course someone has to make a tire that fits it first, but that's currently true for the C5 as well.

Dave G.

Do you think the 285/30-18 ZII could work on the C5Z06 rear? Or the C6 if it gets the -1" ? It's a short mother at 24.8"

No, way too short.  The ZII for me has been slower anyway than the RS3, so it's not the way to go IMO.  I think it's either RS3's and live with the crappy cool/cold weather performance, or wait for the Rival.  TR shows 7/19 for the 295 now, we'll see if BFG actually delivers.  I'm planning to just stick with A6's for the short term (this year and probably next).  Run the ZII's I have at local events.

Dave G.

hanhenze

--
22 Jul 2013 01:21 PM
Well, I started this thread and now I've just read the Aug. SEB notice. One thought comes to mind - FUBAR. Of course I've seen all the posts as the changes have been proposed, discarded, moved forward, etc. I don't really have the time to look up all the specs regarding the new makes and models that have been dumped into A Street but it doesn't look good to me. I'm just an average Solo driver in a moderately HP'd Porsche trying to be somewhat competitive. Obviously having all these different cars on street tires will change the equations considerably but I'm still thinking the chips are stacked against my favorite ride. The good news for me is I'm a co-owner on a '99 base Boxster that's moderately street prepared and that just got moved DOWN to BSP. Still not a cake-walk class but with some additional prep, it might hold it's own against C5s and such. I guess I'll start spending some time on the Street Prepared forum...
hklvette
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
22 Jul 2013 01:34 PM
Posted By Han Solo on 22 Jul 2013 01:21 PM
Well, I started this thread and now I've just read the Aug. SEB notice. One thought comes to mind - FUBAR. Of course I've seen all the posts as the changes have been proposed, discarded, moved forward, etc. I don't really have the time to look up all the specs regarding the new makes and models that have been dumped into A Street but it doesn't look good to me. I'm just an average Solo driver in a moderately HP'd Porsche trying to be somewhat competitive. Obviously having all these different cars on street tires will change the equations considerably but I'm still thinking the chips are stacked against my favorite ride. The good news for me is I'm a co-owner on a '99 base Boxster that's moderately street prepared and that just got moved DOWN to BSP. Still not a cake-walk class but with some additional prep, it might hold it's own against C5s and such. I guess I'll start spending some time on the Street Prepared forum...

No C5s in BSP...

hanhenze

--
22 Jul 2013 01:42 PM
Posted By hklvette on 22 Jul 2013 01:34 PM
Still not a cake-walk class but with some additional prep, it might hold it's own against C5s and such. I guess I'll start spending some time on the Street Prepared forum...

No C5s in BSP...

Then C4s. Even better.

edfishjr
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
22 Jul 2013 02:14 PM
Posted By talon95 on 11 Jul 2013 05:55 AM
Posted By edfishjr on 10 Jul 2013 01:04 PM

No, way too short.  The ZII for me has been slower anyway than the RS3, so it's not the way to go IMO.  I think it's either RS3's and live with the crappy cool/cold weather performance, or wait for the Rival.  TR shows 7/19 for the 295 now, we'll see if BFG actually delivers. Dave G.

Now 7/26 for 295 Rivals at Tirerack

talon95
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
22 Jul 2013 04:36 PM
The 335/18 finally made it as well as the 315/30/18 R1-S, so maybe they're making progress. Just too little too late for this year.

Dave G.
David Lehman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
26 Oct 2013 03:34 PM
Can a 2014 base boxster compete in street tire in 2014.

What class, and what's the
Competition ?
edfishjr
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
28 Oct 2013 04:26 PM
Assuming it goes into AStreet with the 2013 cars, and you have proper documentation to use 8.5/10 wide wheels, and if it has PDK and can come off 25 mph corners in 1st, and you can learn to constantly shift between 1st and 2nd like an F1 driver, maybe it can be competitive with the C5Z06 and C6's on the first run on a cold day on a narrow course when the Vettes will be struggling to put their power down, or any run any day if I'm in the Vette.
Han Solo
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
25 Nov 2013 11:12 AM
How did you get my user name?
hanhenze

--
25 Nov 2013 03:15 PM
Posted By Han Solo on 25 Nov 2013 11:12 AM

I'm not sure but I remember being contacted by a forum admin when I registered. Apparently that person had the ability to assign identical user names. If it's any consolation, name actual first name is Han (and yours may be as well).

sjfehr
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
25 Nov 2013 04:03 PM
Well that's not confusing,,,
Han Solo
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
25 Nov 2013 04:05 PM
Posted By Han Solo on 25 Nov 2013 03:15 PM

I'm not sure but I remember being contacted by a forum admin when I registered. Apparently that person had the ability to assign identical user names. If it's any consolation, name actual first name is Han (and yours may be as well).

You must be the person that kept resetting my password a year or two back.

The admin tells me this is not your user name but a chosen display name and they don't restrict display names. Regardless of real names this has been MY user name and the name displayed for many years. I think they should change their rules on this. This allows anyone to pose as anyone else.

hanhenze

--
26 Nov 2013 07:54 AM
Posted By Han Solo on 25 Nov 2013 04:05 PM

The admin tells me this is not your user name but a chosen display name and they don't restrict display names. Regardless of real names this has been MY user name and the name displayed for many years. I think they should change their rules on this. This allows anyone to pose as anyone else.

How about I just quit the forum all together and that way you can enjoy YOUR exclusive rights to Han Solo? I am not posing as YOU and would never consider doing so. I should ask (before deleting my profile) what other forums YOU are a member of so I can make sure that I'm not using that user name on those as well.

Han Solo
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
26 Nov 2013 09:04 AM
Posted By Han Solo on 26 Nov 2013 07:54 AM
Posted By Han Solo on 25 Nov 2013 04:05 PM

How about I just quit the forum all together and that way you can enjoy YOUR exclusive rights to Han Solo? I am not posing as YOU and would never consider doing so. I should ask (before deleting my profile) what other forums YOU are a member of so I can make sure that I'm not using that user name on those as well.

That would be acceptable!

OR, you could just edit your display name so it doesn't match another members user name.

I have used this Forum name on 6 or 8 car forums since about 2001. I am not worried about you using it on those because I don't think any OTHER forum allows it's users to alter their display or user name to match other members.

I can tell you back when you registered and kept trying to log in as Han Solo and clicking on the "forgot password" button and causing me to have to reset my password it was VERY ANNOYING! I had to complain to the admin several times before they tracked down the problem and contacted you. I never thought the solution would be to allow you to display MY user name.

hanhenze

--
26 Nov 2013 09:20 AM
Posted By Han Solo on 26 Nov 2013 09:04 AM

OR, you could just edit your display name so it doesn't match another members user name.

I have used this Forum name on 6 or 8 car forums since about 2001. I am not worried about you using it on those because I don't think any OTHER forum allows it's users to alter their display or user name to match other members.

I can tell you back when you registered and kept trying to log in as Han Solo and clicking on the "forgot password" button and causing me to have to reset my password it was VERY ANNOYING! I had to complain to the admin several times before they tracked down the problem and contacted you. I never thought the solution would be to allow you to display MY user name.

Problem solved. You shouldn't be annoyed by The Real Han Solo anymore. I've also contacted Lucas Films and we are negotiating my purchase of the copy righted screen name.

Han Solo
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
26 Nov 2013 10:57 AM
Posted By The Real Han Solo on 26 Nov 2013 09:20 AM
Posted By Han Solo on 26 Nov 2013 09:04 AM

Problem solved. You shouldn't be annoyed by The Real Han Solo anymore. I've also contacted Lucas Films and we are negotiating my purchase of the copy righted screen name.

While you are negotiating with Disney you might try to get the name Micky Mouse.

talon95
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
26 Nov 2013 01:35 PM
You guys are pathetic. There's only ONE real Han Solo.
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 3 of 4 << < 1234 > >>

G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
Sunoco 88x31 Button
SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner