SRF Modifications
 1 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
purple venom

--
23 Apr 2013 05:50 PM

Being new to the SCCA and the SRF's, I wondered if some things could be modified without braking the rules.  I did a brief skim on the 838 page rule book and didn't find anything that specifically addressed:

Shifters - The SRF I'm working on is difficult at best to shift, want to make it smoother and shorter throw.

Brakes - Are there certain pad requirements?  In regards to brakes, how many of you bleed and flush the system between qualifying runs?  Races?

Computer enhancements - I assume not allowed, but asking anyway.

Aerodynamics - How big of a part does this play in to the SRF's?

Body mods - due to a visit with the tire wall and frequent removal of the body pieces, the latches on the side of the rear panel and on top of the front seem difficult to work with, are there options?

Thanks,

Tim

rjohnson999
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    24 Apr 2013 12:32 AM
    Do yourself a favor and contact your local CSR. It will save you time, money and aggravation.
    Posted By Tim on 23 Apr 2013 05:50 PM

Being new to the SCCA and the SRF's, I wondered if some things could be modified without braking the rules.  I did a brief skim on the 838 page rule book and didn't find anything that specifically addressed:

Shifters - The SRF I'm working on is difficult at best to shift, want to make it smoother and shorter throw.

Brakes - Are there certain pad requirements?  In regards to brakes, how many of you bleed and flush the system between qualifying runs?  Races?

Computer enhancements - I assume not allowed, but asking anyway.

Aerodynamics - How big of a part does this play in to the SRF's?

Body mods - due to a visit with the tire wall and frequent removal of the body pieces, the latches on the side of the rear panel and on top of the front seem difficult to work with, are there options?

Thanks,

Tim

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner