Intake Locations?
 3 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
mtuhro

--
28 Apr 2013 05:40 PM
    If the "Bodywork and Structure" section of the Prep rules (17.2s) allow hood vents up to 500 in^2 and the "Engine and Drivetrain" section (17.10b) allow for the intake to come from any "authorized opening in the body work", can I feed the intake through the hood, assuming the opening is less than 500 in^2 and covered with 1/2" wire mesh?
    mtuhro

--
    28 Apr 2013 09:33 PM
    Last sentence of 17.2s: "No additional scoops, cowls, bulges, or ducts are permitted [in the hood] unless specified in Appendix A.

Is this in addition to the 500 in^2?
    solorexer
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    28 Jun 2013 11:56 AM
    I believe the hood vent verbage was to allow hot air from radiators/intercoolers out of the engine bay, not for addional ducted air in.  A clarification letter addressed to the PAC will get you a more offical answer than a post here however.
    mtuhro

--
    28 Nov 2013 08:06 AM
    Posted By solorexer on 28 Jun 2013 11:56 AM
    I believe the hood vent verbage was to allow hot air from radiators/intercoolers out of the engine bay, not for addional ducted air in.

Agreed.  After re-reading Appendix A, for the prepared classes, and seeing intake ducts/openings specifically allowed for XP but not my class, that makes it clear. 

I am going to assume the extra intake allowance in XP is to allow for for easier XP engine swaps, similar to the shift lever opening allowance.  Because, keeping the intake allowance out of DP-FP classes, doesn't appear to be in an effort to reduce costs.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner