PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 29 Aug 2013 04:40 AM by  thedrumm
AutoX Instructors for Exotic car AutoX Experience at Indianapolis Motor Speedway
 14 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
autox4u

--
15 May 2013 09:12 AM

Hello,

I’m writing to offer a unique opportunity to spend a weekend with a half-dozen exotic cars, mainly Ferraris and Lamborghinis.

My name is Perry Aidelbaum, owner of AutoX4u.com, head of the Northern New Jersey SCCA Solo program (host of the NJ Pro in 2011 & 2013 and Northeast Divisionals in 2012).  I’m working with Imagine Lifestyles (www.imaginelifestyles.com) to put on the best supercar experience possible, utilizing a fast, flowing autocross-style course which I design.

We’re going to be in your area at (Indianapolis Motor Speedway) on (August 23-25), and we’re in need of qualified instructors to help run the event.

As an instructor, you will be expected to do a very basic autocross instruction – following three main rules:

1.       Safety First – make sure the customer doesn't hurt themselves, other customers, or the cars.

2.       Have Fun – ensure that the customer is comfortable and enjoys their time with Imagine Lifestyles and with the cars, and feels that they got a good value for their dollar.

3.       Teach a Little – basic safety/hand and seat position, basics of getting around the course by looking ahead, positive reinforcement, and maybe some car dynamics talk.  Most importantly they cannot go wide open throttle until the wheel is straight.

Some of the non-instruction duties include helping customers in and out of the cars, talking to them before they get into the cars, and keeping the course moving (grid, pit in, cones) – though working the course is far less strenuous than a local event, as we use bikes to get around quicker.

Here’s a video of a typical in-car experience, and what you can expect from our courses and what we hope you can do while instructing: http://youtu.be/aYhyMGIxE7o You don’t have to be as detailed this instructor (he loses his voice each day, but loves it),  customers love seeing hand signals.

Imagine Lifestyles is a very professional organization designed around giving the customer the ultimate in their high-end experience. Safety is of the utmost importance, and you will not encounter any of the hijinks that have gotten other exotic car companies in the news.

Instructors are paid $150 per day, with lunch, drinks and company shirt and hat supplied by Imagine Lifestyles.  Additionally, there is an opportunity to drive the cars as customers can pay for passenger rides.  The guys at Imagine Lifestyles understand that the primary reason you may be interested in coming out for the event is the opportunity to drive, so they have made some changes to encourage more passenger rides.  We will work to get as many as possible within the confines of the event.

The current fleet of cars is:

Lamborghini LP560-4 Convertible

Lamborghini LP560-4 Convertible

Lamborghini LP550-2 Bicolore Coupe

Lamborghini LP560-4 Coupe

Ferrari 430 Coupe

Ferrari 430 Convertible

Ferrari 430 Scuderia 

If you are not local, you will have to provide your own accommodations.

If you are interested, please email me directly at autox4u@gmail.com, with the subject “(INDY)Instructors", and let me know your availability and qualifications/experience. I am recruiting for many other locations so please make sure the subject in the e-mail has the city.

We’ve hosted events in Boston, San Francisco, LA, Seattle, Chicago, and Washington D.C., Dallas, and Houston already with a lot of success and everyone had a lot of fun.  Come on out for the chance to spend some quality time with the types of cars you had on your wall as a kid.

Read over our instructor guide - http://www.autox4u.com/file/Driving%20Instructor%20Guide.pdf

---------------------------------------------------------

Have a sibling or friend who wants to join us for the weekend as a Non-Instructor, IL is looking for "Local Event Staff"

Job Description:

Assisting with working various jobs within our Autocross Ultimate Driving Experience. Jobs include customer check-in, customer service, taking or stuffing photos, assisting customers with helmets and getting in and out of vehicles and other various tasks to help make our driving experience more fun and efficient. Lunch is also included.

Age 18 years minimum.

Pay: $75 per day. (non-instructor)

Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    15 May 2013 11:23 AM
    Is this for real?
    boardkat
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    15 May 2013 11:42 AM
    Posted By Bobzilla on 15 May 2013 11:23 AM
    Is this for real?

it's legit - just instructed at their event near seattle a few months ago.  flogged exotics all day and got paid.  win-win! 

Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    15 May 2013 01:33 PM
    email sent.
    autox4u

--
    15 May 2013 04:21 PM
    This is for real... Look at the ImagineLifestyle website for the schedule. We will be using part of the road course there, however I will slow it down a little with some cones, but it still should be amazing to be in the brickyard.

Perry
    tiremonkey

--
    20 May 2013 08:55 AM
    I'm in!  But my very very first question, is how can a program get an autoX at IMS but INDYSCCA does not?
    Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    20 May 2013 10:06 AM
    $$$$$ Indy SCCA doesn't charge $350 for 3 runs.
    mtownneon
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    20 May 2013 06:30 PM
    Posted By Bobzilla on 20 May 2013 10:06 AM
    $$$$$ Indy SCCA doesn't charge $350 for 3 runs.

That's part of it but there's another component also. I gave the full-court press last year trying to get us in there but to no avail. IMS is funny about who they allow to use any part of the Speedway. Generally it seems an event has to have "X" amount of prestige to get the OK. The second thing I'm guessing is can the event either afford the fee or sell enough tickets to please the Speedway. The Exotic Car Auto-X has the prestige (participants get to wheel very exclusive supercars) whereas we would bring in 100 or so locals in more "common" machinery.

In looking at the Speedway critically, it doesn't really have any great spots for setting up a course that many in our club would consider "proper". There isn't a really big piece of pavement anywhere in the facility to set up a traditional course. It would have to be a small, tight course and our members seem to be resistant to "alternative" courses based on member participation at Speedrome and comments of our event on the roadcourse @ Lucas Oil Raceway by some members. Goodguy's holds an autocross at their event there but a Goodguy's autocross is quite a bit different from what we do. Their courses are very small and very tight, they are designed to keep speeds below 35 mph. They put the entire course inside the smaller of the 2 motorhome lots behind the garages. Some of our members complain about the size of Speedrome (though most of those people have never been there) they would howl in extreme protest if they were presented a Goodguy's course. Point is, IMS isn't neccesarily a good fit for what we do even if we could get in there.

autox4u

--
    18 Jun 2013 08:53 PM
    I will say the rental is outrageous for a regular autox region.. As you mentioned this is a prestige event. It also helps when you have a friend on the inside to help you get in.

I still need many more people to sign up, please e-mail me if you are interested.

Thanks
    Perry
    dbrier
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    20 Jun 2013 09:30 AM

I'm signed up.
    For others who are curious, here is thier page:

http://www.imaginelifestyles.com/ppc/exotic-sports-car-autocross

autox4u

--
    11 Aug 2013 09:40 PM
    BUMP....

I am still looking for instructors for this event coming up. Please contact me ..

Thanks
    Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    20 Aug 2013 08:47 AM
    I haven't heard anything about this since I signed up. Is there going to be an email telling us when/where?
    F125AXer
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    26 Aug 2013 03:21 PM
    Absolutely amazing time. Can't wait until they come back!
    thedrumm
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    29 Aug 2013 04:40 AM
    I would love to do it, if they come back.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner