PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 16 May 2013 10:30 PM by  sjfehr
Completely new to Autocross and interested in becoming a part of the community...
 2 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Zisheng

--
16 May 2013 09:35 PM

Hello all!

My Name is Jason, and well, as the title states, I'm interested in coming this Saturday to the Nassau Coliseum autocross event and would like to introduce myself here before going. I've recently gotten my license(I'm 17), and would love to become a part of the action. So I understand I have to be there by 8:30, have a helmet, and a car(of course), bring some food, etc. Is there any requirement I'm missing?

Also,  I'm hoping someone who will be there will take me under their wing and just fill me in on the basics(like what are classes, how timing works, do's and don'ts in solos) so I don't annoy everyone by asking questions. This would be my first automotive event, and I would love some tips.

And finally, are there any tips you veterans would've given to yourself when you were novices?

Thanks again!

Zisheng

--
    16 May 2013 10:24 PM
    Agh. Turns out I can't participate because I'm not of age yet . I'll stop by sometime in the future.
    sjfehr
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    16 May 2013 10:30 PM

Kids as young as 8 can participate in SCCA autocrosses.  In most regions, if you're under 18, all you really need is for both your parents/guardians to sign the minor waiver, either at the event or have it notarized if they can't both make it.  Autocross is a fantastic way to build your driving skills & hone those reflexes in a safe environment so you can keep control should the worst happen on the street.  We have several 16 & 17 year old competitors in my region.

http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod...rogram.pdf

My advice: your biggest challenge your first event will simply be not getting lost on course.  Get at least 3 course-walks in, preferably more, and concentrate your first run on simply finding the course.  Most importantly, though: have fun!  That's what we're all here for

e: wait, which event are you asking about?

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner