New to autocross
 3 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
anabel13

--
02 Jun 2013 10:00 AM

I'm in highschool, and have recently taken a street survival school. i want to start autocross because i like the speed but dont want to race against other cars on the same track at the same time. but i have no idea how to start. ive read a little and want to know if i have to take classes to start auto crossing?

sjfehr
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    02 Jun 2013 07:59 PM
    Autocross is a fantastic way to start performance driving and super-fun to boot. No formal schools are required, just sign up for your local region/club and go run! Autocross is a learning experience of itself; if you've taken a street survival school, you'll already have a leg up on other novices that haven't.

If you're under 18, for SCCA events, you'll need both your parents/guardians permission- the slip needs to be notarized if they aren't at the event. There's a lot of information available online for novices that will help you get prepped for that first event. Most clubs have loaner helmets available; otherwise, car prep is making sure your car is safe to run (seatbelts, brakes, tires, etc, are in good condition), and everything loose cleaned out. You'll want to add extra air to your tires, too. Arrive early so you have plenty of time to walk the course; the more you walk it, the easier it is to remember.
    Boxologist
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    03 Jun 2013 01:21 PM
    Contact your local club. School and licensing are not neccessary for autocross, but schools do help.
    NIFARES

--
    03 Jun 2013 04:45 PM
    Check your regional club for event dates and plan from there.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner