[ESP] Y303 heads for 351W?
 2 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
max_burke

--
02 Jun 2013 03:24 PM

I've seen mention that the Y303 (GT40Y) heads are considered service replacements for the iron GT40 heads in the case of the Cobra R, and I've seen that a number of people are using, or have used, these heads, but does any one know where it is mentioned that this combination is legal? Is there a specific tech bulletin or TSB where this is called out?

On a related note, how close would a 351W build have to be the original motor? Is it required to use the exact engine block part from 1995 that was used in the R motor or would any 351W block from that same era (truck/van) be a legal replacement?

Dave Schotz
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    02 Jun 2013 08:21 PM
    You're probably fine with any 351W block... but the Cobra R was actually a 351W marine block.

I have the TSB for the GT40 Aluminum heads (somewhere), I'm sure Marcus Meredith has one as well. If you can't locate one, let me know and I'll search for mine.

Thanks,
    Dave
    max_burke

--
    03 Jun 2013 12:58 AM

I knew it was a marine block, but I was more curious if the rules required having to source specifically a block from 1995. Awesome, thanks Dave, that helps. No need to dig through piles of paperwork on my account now, I just wanted to know if someone had it first hand... perhaps I'll ping you again if I end up needing a copy.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner