Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
twin_turborx7
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
16 Jun 2013 07:35 PM
    I have seen some results but want to know what happened in each race. Saw some guys didn't race Sunday but did Saturday. Also big deltas in all 4 classes, looks like front of fields qualified and raced 3 seconds or more to rest of field?

Anyone?
    scott Sanda
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    17 Jun 2013 10:56 AM

T2 was actually a great race. Tom Sloe ran away and hid, but for a long time you had 2 vettes and 2 porsches all running nose to tail, all turning 29's. Add in Andy Mcdermid, and they had a great 5 car train going. Andy W didn't pick up speed until later in race.

Natha ran great, stayed right in the battle until her brakes went away and she had to pit. Real deal, really upped her game.

I didn't pay much attention to the rest of the field

prodogdriver
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    17 Jun 2013 01:17 PM
    I don't understand why only two STU cars showed up this year, btw they had a great race
    JCE
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    18 Jun 2013 01:19 PM

There was some decent racing but not much action at the front.  In T2 I think Sloe only went as fast as he needed to; agreed Natha appeared to run well.  In T3 the GTI dominated but I can't speak to the quality of the other cars/drivers because I don't know them.  In T4 Mike's Mustang ran a 2:41 in a couple laps of qualifying, then parked it that session and never ran the other.  In the race I think he only ran as fast as he needed, turning his best lap of a 2:44 on the last lap.  He was seconds faster than the Z4 and the SSC cars had no chance.  Word was it can do a 2:39; not sure the other year Mustangs gained that much speed but it seems the Ford should be slowed to the rest of the field.

Agreed, too bad only two STU cars but they had a great race and it was cool to see your car win.

ITRacer07
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    18 Jun 2013 02:36 PM
    Scott, did bump your head? 996 cant keep up with corvette in T2.

JCE , 2:39s. I want to see that!?!?
    scott Sanda
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    19 Jun 2013 07:25 AM
    Did you watch the race? Did you look at the lap times?

Tom ran away, 996 and other vettes ran nose to tail for a bunch of laps, and turned same lap times. Late in race, Andy picked up 2 seconds. Not sure why he wasn't that fast from start.

Apparently at this race, with these cars and drivers, 996 and vette well matched
    ITRacer07
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    19 Jun 2013 08:29 AM
    Last I checked a 3 sec delta at RA wasn't well matched. When the Fastest porsche can't keep up with the slowest Vette..............HMM!
    scott Sanda
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    19 Jun 2013 09:24 AM
    Posted By ITRacer07 on 19 Jun 2013 08:29 AM
    Last I checked a 3 sec delta at RA wasn't well matched. When the Fastest porsche can't keep up with the slowest Vette..............HMM!

Fastest Porsche: 2:29.9, 2nd fastest Porsche 2:29.9, slowest Vette 2:29.9. Fastest Vette 2:27.2, 2nd fastest Vette 2:27.8 but ran mostly 29's.

I agree, in the hands of Tom the T2 vette is dominant at RA, but there were 3 vettes, the slowest of which was not slow, and which ran dead even with the Porsches.  In AS, Andy was well over 3 seconds faster than the next AS car, does that mean his mustang is faster then the other mustangs, or could there be a little bit of driver there as well? Potentially the same thing in T2.

Please don't make sweeping statements that aren't supported by lap times.

BTW, I agree, from all circumstantial evidence that in T2 the vette is the car to have.

ITRacer07
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    19 Jun 2013 09:57 AM
    And the qual times? Really Scott ? You're insulting my intelligence .
    scott Sanda
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    19 Jun 2013 10:37 AM
    I didn't look at qual times. It's called racing, not qualifying.........
    scott Sanda
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    19 Jun 2013 11:26 AM
    And, I need my sheep decal.......
    ITRacer07
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    19 Jun 2013 02:32 PM
    ;-)
    CP Thunder
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    20 Jun 2013 12:15 PM
    Pitching the SL6Rs now that we have 18inch wheels. Broke the 'new' exhaust midpipes (both sides) on the second to last lap too. Inside the car it sounded like the torque tube coming apart when Natha keyed up her radio. I pulled her in on the next to last lap to make sure we didn't damage anything else. She was heartbroken when the brakes flamed up. Pretty sure it cost her a podium. She had already repassed Patel (and then he got drilled by an AS Camaro I've been told) and had a comfortable lead on the the fourth place Porsche.

We are thinking about including the Cat Nationals in the schedule now. It conflicts with the Paul Brown Memorial Rallye here in Nebraska but I think Paul would understand.

Scott.......thanks for the kind words. Made her day.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner