Wilmington Champ Tour is a GO!
 4 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
trippinbillies40

--
17 Jun 2013 05:31 PM
    Just got off the phone with the airport. We're going to shave 100' off the top of the course area to make them happy.

Book your rooms in Wilmington or Clinton County and register!

-No camping in paddock. We'll have to be out of paddock by 10pm.
    -NO alcohol or glass containers anywhere on airport property. Seriously, I worked for 3 years on this site. If I catch you with a beer in your hands, well... Just don't do that. Extremely bad things will happen to you.
    -Overnight RV parking WILL be allowed just down the road. Still on airport property at a second smaller lot. Key words: on airport property. If I catch you with alcohol on that lot, extremely bad things will happen.
    -As of now, cars and trailers CAN stay on the employee lot (paddock) overnight, but will be unsecured.

Any other questions? Fire away.
    NYR Solo
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    17 Jun 2013 05:39 PM
    Awesome work Dave. Congrats and best of luck making this a success and returning the site in the same capacity next year!
    Dick Rasmussen
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    18 Jun 2013 09:22 AM
    Posted By trippinbillies40 on 17 Jun 2013 05:31 PM
    Just got off the phone with the airport. We're going to shave 100' off the top of the course area to make them happy.

Book your rooms in Wilmington or Clinton County and register!

-No camping in paddock. We'll have to be out of paddock by 10pm.
    -NO alcohol or glass containers anywhere on airport property. Seriously, I worked for 3 years on this site. If I catch you with a beer in your hands, well... Just don't do that. Extremely bad things will happen to you.
    -Overnight RV parking WILL be allowed just down the road. Still on airport property at a second smaller lot. Key words: on airport property. If I catch you with alcohol on that lot, extremely bad things will happen.
    -As of now, cars and trailers CAN stay on the employee lot (paddock) overnight, but will be unsecured.

Any other questions? Fire away.

Dave,

Great job. Thanks!

What do you mean by "unsecured" for cars/trailers overnight in the paddock? Would you say "about as safe" as loading the car on an open trailer and taking it back to the Wilmington Inn for the night?

Given the loooong walk between paddock and grid (1000' ?) will any support vehicle parking be allowed near the grid? Trying to save my wife the long walk and she won't ride a bicycle.

Thanks!

Dick

CM 85

trippinbillies40

--
    18 Jun 2013 09:41 AM

Dick, I would say about as safe. You'll be leaving it in an open parking lot with no security.  I'm going to talk to the Wilmington Police and try to find the cost of having a detail there both nights, but my guess is it's going to be out of our price range.  Based on the initial cost of fencing and setup for this event, this year is probably going to be break even for us. If entries sore to close to 300, we might be able to do security overnight at the employee lot if costs are reasonable.

As for support vehicles, I haven't asked that question specifically yet. Let me wait till Sam comes back with the course design to see how much room we have behind grid. My guess is going to be no.

Dick Rasmussen
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    18 Jun 2013 10:08 AM
    Posted By trippinbillies40 on 18 Jun 2013 09:41 AM

Dick, I would say about as safe. You'll be leaving it in an open parking lot with no security.  I'm going to talk to the Wilmington Police and try to find the cost of having a detail there both nights, but my guess is it's going to be out of our price range.  Based on the initial cost of fencing and setup for this event, this year is probably going to be break even for us. If entries sore to close to 300, we might be able to do security overnight at the employee lot if costs are reasonable.

As for support vehicles, I haven't asked that question specifically yet. Let me wait till Sam comes back with the course design to see how much room we have behind grid. My guess is going to be no.

Dave,

Thanks for the information and I understand that not everything you/we would like to have is doable. Whatever works is fine. I'm looking forward to a new site to experience!!!

Dick

CM 85

You are not authorized to post a reply.

SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner