T3 Car to have
 3 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
kulachd

--
24 Jun 2013 06:15 PM

I think that most will agree that T2 you need to have the vette to be a player but what are the thoughts for T1,T3,T4?

twin_turborx7
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    25 Jun 2013 02:19 PM
    Couple opinions (mine):

The Cobalt or Volks is likely to battle for the win again. They both will be faster than they were before and got allowances last year to this year. Pretty good evidence at the sprints to support that notion as well and the Volks was unchallenged and hotter weather, not a tested race like the runoffs will be.

But the 350z is going to be a weapon at the runoffs. All of them will be at the front and lots of them running "faster than T2 times last year" at a lot of tracks they have gone to and raced in T3 (not surprising).

Me thinks gonna have to be in the high 31's/32's minimum to win in T3 this year. That won't be too hard for the cars mentioned here and the 350 has already shown it can go in the 32's.

T1:  Gotta beat Buttermore in his Vette.  Don't think that will be easy for anyone and a likely Buttermore/AJ rematch is possible.  The other Vette (Onks) and the fast Mustangs (AJ if in one) and Winkler are bad fast.

T4:  Mustangs and Honda's will be hard to beat.  For anyone paying attention, the newer Civic has quietly gotten a couple of allowances so I think it will be hard to beat.

Don't forget either about the provisional entries for past champions.  Take someone like the Heinrocket in a Vette in T1 and I assume he is a heavy favorite.  The same could be said for a lot of I think.  Pobst in a Mustang in T2 for instance

I don't think any of the T classes are going to well attended at the runoffs unless there are a lot of provisional past winners that show up.  The rules seemed to have pinched a lot of cars into an noncompetitive state for this year anyhow - again if you are paying attention

dhrmx5
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    26 Jun 2013 05:37 PM
    Unless Buttermore brings a lot of vette anyone driving a viper is going to mop up. T1 isn't T1 anymore. We built a Mustang capable of 19-20s at RA and we are discussing leaving it home. It isn't enough.

In T2, Go vette or go home. We are leaving the T2 Mustang at home.

T3, what a farce. 350Z or Vdub are my choices. My T3 Mustang did 46s at RA last year. How am I going to find 4-5 seconds with it???

T4 the MX5 wins it all, if they can drive. I wish I hadn't converted my 07 Civic to STL because it is way faster than the mustang in a straight line and now that I have found out how they are cheating the brakes my driver could have ruled in SSB/T4.

All in all, not really looking forward to the ROs. Way to much Ford stock in the barn and don't see anywhere it's competetive in SCCA
    BillSeifert
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    09 Jul 2013 12:40 PM
    Hey, David, please give me a call at 719-252-4132 or email me your number to billseifert256@gmail.com

By the way, I was going to ask you about the 07 Civic, so after closer reading of your above post, forget calling me. Oh well.

If you know, tell us what they are doing to the MX5.

Bill Seifert
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner