Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
RX555
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
26 Jun 2013 06:51 AM

Hi, just wanted to make sure you all know registration was open for Gateway Major's race Aug. 3-4.  All info here: http://roadracing.stlscca.org/

I'm sure everyone was waiting to get past the June Sprints, but now that it's over with, we'd love it if you signed up as early as possible.  I'm on the committee for this race and we are hoping for a big entry and planning to make it bigger and better than any previous SCCA race at GMP.  If anyone has any questions, post em up.  I'll add any updates as we find them out.

RX555
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    08 Jul 2013 02:56 AM
    First updates. If you plan to get to the track after 7pm on Friday Aug. 2, you will have to wait in line with the drag racers. The track is doing their regular Midnight Madness, run-whatcha-brung series that night from 8pm-2am. So might wanna plan to get there earlier than 7 if you can.

If you come from the west, might want to avoid interstate 70 through St. Charles, MO. They are doing bridge work and it can get backed up. It's easy to take hwy 370 and go around it.
    Also doing work on 55/70 just west of GMP, where lanes get narrow, but not too many delays.

Also, GMP is building a karting track inside the oval, so a fair bit of paddock might be lost due to their construction. It's a mess at the moment, but we are hoping they get further along by then and we get some parking back. The paddock marshal (me) will be requesting the racers be patient and be willing to paddock where we ask you to.

RX555
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    22 Jul 2013 09:17 PM
    Getting close, so just a friendly reminder to send in your entry as soon as you can. Thanks.
    Workers still needed too.
    RX555
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    28 Jul 2013 11:57 PM
    Hi, all registrants should check your email for an important notice about a highway detour (the second email noted as Correction). If you have a hotel room in StL, we recommend you change it to an IL hotel.

And we could always use a couple more corner workers if anybody wants to come help.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner