Stock class suspension question
 3 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
robble

--
15 Jul 2013 10:52 PM

Specifically regarding a MINI Cooper S but could be any car.  There are two factory suspensions offered direct from the assembly line (regular and sport suspension)  and one suspension that can be ordered and installed at the port (JCW suspension) before reaching the dealership.    If a MINI Cooper S on the dealer lot has a regular suspension, can the dealer upgrade it to either the sport suspension or JCW suspension and it still be legal for stock class?  

btwyx

--
    16 Jul 2013 07:41 PM
    Short answer yes.

The rules allow you to change anything that could be ordered from the factory (or port) that way, but any package must be changed as a whole. The sport suspension could be ordered as a standalone option (I know this is true, we did) so you can just change to the sport (or JCW) suspension. More, you only need to change the springs and the front bar. Shocks and rear bar are free, so don't need to be changed.
    cashmo
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    16 Jul 2013 08:57 PM
    To be clear, if you upgrade to the JCW suspension, one of your ARB's + end links need to match the JCW part numbers. Front or rear.

13.7 ANTI-ROLL (SWAY) BARS
    A. Substitution, addition, or removal of a single anti-roll bar and supporting hardware (brackets, endlinks, bushings, etc.) is permitted.
    OasisTan
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    19 Jul 2013 02:54 AM
    Also to note, the JCW suspension has different/shorter bump stops in comparison to the sport suspension. As long as your bump stops are equal or shorter than the JCW bump stops, they are legal. I simply cut my sport bump stops a bit shorter than the JCW ones...
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner