Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages
btschafer

--
31 Jul 2013 10:16 AM
Posted By Tony Mester on 30 Jul 2013 10:21 PM

I was wondering what everyone else though about the slalom towards the back of the course... was left or right faster? Or was it car dependent? I went left every time so I would exit on the left better lined up to make the sharp right 90 degree turn without having to slow down much at all... my car has very little power so I felt that was the way to go... and I'm on some crap all-seasons so slaloms are harder to really push it in so I don't think I would have benefited by going to the right of the first cone...but when I was working that corner and saw a LOT of people go to the right it had me second guessing myself.

I spent most of the day entering on the left, and then switched.  The right entry made the slalom considerably shorter, and with a good, aggressive move on the exit the right hander wasn't too bad.  My significantly faster final run was a right entry.  Unfortunately, that's the slalom where I nicked a cone.

lycanthrope

--
31 Jul 2013 05:12 PM
I did this all day too. I regret not starting the day going to the right.
lightisfast

--
31 Jul 2013 07:05 PM
When in doubt, go with distance, which going right cut down on quite a bit of distance not to mention an extra turn. For that course it might have been easy to walk it and think that the slalom would have pinched that corner too much to get on line. And that would have been true if the course was busy on the other side, but it just wasn't. I let myself carry quite a bit of speed and get really late on the next element, but that didn't really matter because it was a ways to the next real turn.

These are the type of choices Scott likes to torture us with, but they are the types of things you will see on the national stage. This does make it complicated for beginners, but hopefully everyone finds the challenge makes the sport more interesting. If you have questions on the course, even if you are not a novice, you can always follow along on the walk. I think Crissy favored the right.
slalomer

--
31 Jul 2013 08:09 PM
I went to the left of the 2nd slalom in the morning then found out most of the other top drivers in our region were going to the right so then I went to the right of it on all my afternoon runs and was about a second faster than my fastest morning time. I did realize though after a critique from my brother on one of my runs that I was not close to some of the key cones, on a few of the turns on course. Will do better on that at the tour, for sure.

Adam Popp
lnfftw2

--
31 Jul 2013 09:24 PM
I went left in the morning and right in the afternoon. I think I liked right better and it was faster.
lycanthrope

--
31 Jul 2013 09:26 PM
yeah my fear is that due to the car being extremely front heavy it wouldn't turn if I decided to go on the right side of the slalom. generally speaking I had a kind of rough day due to the fact that I'm still not very comfortable with the new rear bar.
flatlander937

--
31 Jul 2013 10:37 PM
Posted By lightisfast on 31 Jul 2013 07:05 PM
When in doubt, go with distance, which going right cut down on quite a bit of distance not to mention an extra turn. For that course it might have been easy to walk it and think that the slalom would have pinched that corner too much to get on line. And that would have been true if the course was busy on the other side, but it just wasn't. I let myself carry quite a bit of speed and get really late on the next element, but that didn't really matter because it was a ways to the next real turn.

These are the type of choices Scott likes to torture us with, but they are the types of things you will see on the national stage. This does make it complicated for beginners, but hopefully everyone finds the challenge makes the sport more interesting. If you have questions on the course, even if you are not a novice, you can always follow along on the walk. I think Crissy favored the right.

Yep... that's exactly what I did when I walked the course. I agree it's fun and adds to the challenge... learn something new every time out. 

mdavis

--
31 Jul 2013 11:58 PM
Posted By lnfftw2 on 31 Jul 2013 09:24 PM
I went left in the morning and right in the afternoon. I think I liked right better and it was faster.
This is what I did. I thought it was going to be significantly pinching the exit feature. But once I drove it, going right was definitely faster.

You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner