Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
rtp.rick
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
22 Jul 2013 03:31 PM

I have attached PDFs of the PAX/RTP Index Results from the Ayers, MA Match Tour.  The titles all run together.  Just click on the word of the one you want to view: "Saturday", "Sunday" or "Final".  Note that the "Class Pos" column indicates Final Class Position, as if it was a regular two day event.  People that did not run the Last Chance Qualifier are not included for that Class Position. For Sunday, only the first two runs were used, even if a better time was achieved later during the Shootout.

I used the .975 Street Tire Multiplier for the Road Tire Classes.

H's & K's,
    Rick Ruth

Attachments
    SmokingTires
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    22 Jul 2013 04:37 PM
    Thanks for doing this Rick! I noticed on the Saturday Index results, that 2nd place in AS Don Slevin is listed as a higher Index than 1st place Matt Murray. I think that might be a listing mistake.
    rtp.rick
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    23 Jul 2013 07:03 AM
    Posted By SmokingTires on 22 Jul 2013 04:37 PM
    Thanks for doing this Rick! I noticed on the Saturday Index results, that 2nd place in AS Don Slevin is listed as a higher Index than 1st place Matt Murray. I think that might be a listing mistake.

Matt was faster on Sunday than Don.  The Class Position columns indicates "Final" Class Position based on the best run from both days.  Don was, in fact, faster than Matt on Saturday.

H's & K's,
    Rick Ruth

fastmike
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    23 Jul 2013 12:21 PM
    240sx in SSM?
    jwbrockman

--
    23 Jul 2013 08:28 PM
    Posted By fastmike on 23 Jul 2013 12:21 PM
    240sx in SSM?

It's PJ Corrales' SM 240sx entered in SSM, they typically do this at local events as well so they can get more drivers into the car. I don't think they can pull any weight out of it for the SSM runs, so I believe it is running well above the minimum weight for SSM. 

ezgolfer

--
    29 Jul 2013 01:04 PM
    Rick - I don't understand the logic of using the first two shootout runs for the Sunday/final. Can you explain? Thanks
    rtp.rick
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    29 Jul 2013 07:21 PM
    Posted By ezgolfer on 29 Jul 2013 01:04 PM
    Rick - I don't understand the logic of using the first two shootout runs for the Sunday/final. Can you explain? Thanks

I take the best of everyone's first two Sunday runs and add it to the best run from Saturday.  That makes for a 2-day Tour event for everyone that chooses to run on Sunday.  The "Shootout" is its own thing that some aren't involved with.  AAs mentioned, if a Shootout participant gets a better run after the first two, I don't use that/those run(s).

It also makes for a "second" event for Sunday, with the Sunday only results.  Hope that helps.

H's & K's,
    Rick Ruth

ezgolfer

--
    29 Jul 2013 09:11 PM
    Got it, thanks. How do you handle super challenge runs in pros? Th reason I ask is that the last chance qualifiers in a match tour are, by definition , trying their hearts out to go fast. However, in the challenge runs, if you see your opponent cone, you drive, um, slowe in that round. Not sure Sunday PAX says much for Super Shootout participants.
    rtp.rick
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    30 Jul 2013 06:46 AM
    Posted By ezgolfer on 29 Jul 2013 09:11 PM
    Got it, thanks. How do you handle super challenge runs in pros? Th reason I ask is that the last chance qualifiers in a match tour are, by definition , trying their hearts out to go fast. However, in the challenge runs, if you see your opponent cone, you drive, um, slowe in that round. Not sure Sunday PAX says much for Super Shootout participants.

I still just take the driver's best of their first two runs.  If they choose not to perform well, I suppose they wouldn't do well on the Overall Index.

H's & K's,
    Rick Ruth

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner