Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
gidtup
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
23 Jul 2013 09:55 AM

One of the things I have always loved about SCCA is the charity work we do for the community.  The St. Louis Region is doing one again this year on 9/21 & 9/22 - this one is personal as the donations will be looking for a cure that I need.

Hope you can attend the event!  Hope to see you there!

2013 St. Louis Region Solo Charity Event and RAFFLE to be held September 21-22, 2013 Family Arena

As many of you already know 5-time SCCA National Solo Champ and former St. Louis Region R.E. Jan Rick is back fighting Cancer.  This time it is Multiple Myeloma.  To help find a cure her son Dave Whitworth and his wife Beth are participating in the Pedal the Cause for the Siteman Cancer Center on October 6, 2013.  If you'd like to help support their fundraising visit (Team ASG-SPS) www.pedalthecause.org

http://stlouis.pedalthecause.org/team_profile.jsp?MemberID=30071  

St. Louis Region members Chris Hammond and his wife Natalie are also participating in the event.  Their donation link is: (Team Christner)   http://stlouis.pedalthecause.org/team_profile.jsp?MemberID=28536    www.pedalthecause.org

The St. Louis Solo Program is holding a Charity Event to collect donations for the Pedal the Cause on Sept. 21-22 (Event # 9 & #10) at Family Arena. Win a NEW Helmet at the raffle (donated by Solo Performance Specialties)

100% of the money raised stays in St. Louis to fund cancer research at The Siteman Cancer Center and St. Louis Children's Hospital.

Dave Whitworth stated “My mom, Jan Rick, was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma in June 2013 and we plan on riding to help raise funds to find a cure for this disease and other cancers.

I am joining the fight against cancer by participating in the fourth-annual Pedal the Cause bike challenge. Pedal the Cause has the mission to provide funding for cancer research at Siteman Cancer Center and St. Louis Children's Hospital through their annual cycling challenge in hopes that the research funded by their event will ultimately lead to a cure for cancer.”

“I plan to ride 15 miles on October 6th and I hope you will join me in this grass-roots effort to advance research and find a cure.”

If you are interested in riding contact Dave Whitworth at dave@wcsllc.net  If you can donate please do so, or attend the Solo Event September 21-22 and donate there!

Jan Rick said "The SCCA community of people from St. Louis and all over the country have been so supportive.  Solo, road racers, rallycrossers, and everyone have been unbelievable. The friendships made over cars have gone so much farther.  The SCCA community is such a blessed thing."  Our thoughts are with Jan, her family, and friends.....keep up the fight!

RAFFLE

Each donation will be awarded One (1) Raffle ticket per $1.  The raffle prize is being donated by Solo Performance.  The prize is a new helmet to the raffle winner.  Raffle tickets will be awarded all day Sat/Sun. You do not have to be present to win.  Name/Phone# are to be written on each raffle ticket.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner