You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 41234 > >>
Author Messages
fatbillybob
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
26 Jul 2013 12:23 AM
    August FT shows porsches lost 50lbs.  How does the group feel about that?
    CP Thunder
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    26 Jul 2013 12:40 AM
    I was told earlier in the year that there would be NO CHANGES TO T2 until AFTER the Runoffs...........so much for that.

We were faster than the Porsches at the Sprints and I still had 75lbs of ballast in the car. We ran without it (the ballast) at High Plains and made weight by 15 lbs. but we had changed front and rear brake setups and switched to 18s.

Added: and reinstalled the accusump
    twin_turborx7
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    26 Jul 2013 06:11 PM
    From the looks of results this year they needed to lose 350lbs.

A C5 wins the runoffs by a ton this year. Top 5 will be C5's I think "Obi Won" again likely.
    twin_turborx7
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    27 Jul 2013 05:54 PM
    Funny to even imply that any change prior to the runoffs would hurt the C5 isn't it?
    One just went 225.2 in qually, low 226's first 7 laps of race (including 226.0, 226.1, 226.0 again) and has a 17 second lead (now slowing down) over the p-bug with couple laps left. Had 10 second dad 5 laps into the race

I don't think you have anything to worry about.
    T3 BMW looks good in qually but slow(er) in race. It should be good come Sept.
    twin_turborx7
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    27 Jul 2013 06:00 PM
    Won by 21 seconds. Wow.

I will makes bets now that C5 T2 pole is in the high 23's, low 24's

All 3 touring class races are going to be a joke this year.
    MGrand34
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    27 Jul 2013 07:18 PM

Posted By <span class='af-profile-name'>fatbillybob</span> on 26 Jul 2013 12:23 AM
    August FT shows porsches lost 50lbs.  How does the group feel about that?

It's a bit confusing since the Evo asked for a FMIC and was denied after being told no changes until after the Runoffs. C5 will do 23s easy.
    CP Thunder
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    28 Jul 2013 05:05 PM
    Marty......I would readdress the change using that justification. Didn't the Mustang GT also get 11 inch front wheels or is that after Runoffs? I vaguely remember reading something in passing about that.
    twin_turborx7
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    28 Jul 2013 05:35 PM
    2nd race won by 20.6 secs. 225.3 fastest lap. Every lap faster than last years fastest time of race. wow.
    Maybe gonna need 222's even for runoffs.
    CP Thunder
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    28 Jul 2013 06:15 PM

Patel asked for 50 lbs.......

SCCA gave it 100. Patel was in the 25s today too......according to Andy W. Anyone have a link to the results?

twin_turborx7
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    28 Jul 2013 10:29 PM
    Results P1 ran a 225.3, Patel a 226.860. In today's race P1 ran 6 laps faster than that
    winning race 1 by 21+ seconds and race 2 by 20 unchallenged hardly results in a fast time. Heck he ran a 226.6 on 2nd to last lap already up 19 secs

Patel did run 1 lap in the 25's but it was yesterday in qualifying, 1 lap and it was immediately beat down by .6 secs.

Patel is going to be the fastest T2 Porsche.

Im pretty sure Andy wont be the fastest C5. Maybe not even in top 3/4/5 depending on runoffs provisionals etc.

Gonna be interesting. What is more interesting is that no non-C5's sans 1 is even registered. Will there even be 10 cars?

I doubt it was expected that the T classes would get 4-5 secs faster across the board this year. These gaps are not easy fixes.

The funniest though is you guys implying giving the p-bug break was out of bounds and complaining because your super top secret contact told you that no changes before the runoffs????? Geez. I sometimes don't get what people are paying attention to all year long. There should have been MASSIVE changes prior to the runoffs
    CP Thunder
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    28 Jul 2013 11:28 PM

No one said it was out of bounds. Maybe you should pay attention. What was said was I was told there weren't going to be any changes.........Marty's request was later shot down again saying there weren't going to be any package changes till after the Runoffs. CJ Moses had a request turned down stating  the same 'no mid year changes' thing.  

No one said the adjustments weren't warranted. I think everyone in the country knows this is broken...........still.   Andy talked to Patel and was told Jay can't get the car down to what the100#s would give them anyway.  

Yes......the C5 has gone from the red headed step child to the favorite son...........THAT.... I am NOT complaining about.  But it doesn't make this right.  We didn't have much choice.......spend another sh*t ton to go faster in T1 and still be out gunned, or be competitive in T2.  No one really knew this was the way it was going to pan out.  You notice not a single C6 dropped back to T2.....(that I have seen).  There must have been a really good reason.  Look at the RO signups already.....nearly all T1 is C6s and they still only have 10 cars.........I'm not looking for many more to sign up.   T2 should have more numbers (historically) but may not since the year has shown the C5 Vette to be the car of choice and  sadly maybe everyone driving something else will chose not to come (ie keeping the T2/3 Mustangs at home).

twin_turborx7
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    29 Jul 2013 10:36 AM
    Posted By CP Thunder on 28 Jul 2013 11:28 PM

No one said it was out of bounds. Maybe you should pay attention. What was said was I was told there weren't going to be any changes.........Marty's request was later shot down again saying there weren't going to be any package changes till after the Runoffs. CJ Moses had a request turned down stating  the same 'no mid year changes' thing.  

No one said the adjustments weren't warranted. I think everyone in the country knows this is broken...........still.   Andy talked to Patel and was told Jay can't get the car down to what the100#s would give them anyway.  

Yes......the C5 has gone from the red headed step child to the favorite son...........THAT.... I am NOT complaining about.  But it doesn't make this right.  We didn't have much choice.......spend another sh*t ton to go faster in T1 and still be out gunned, or be competitive in T2.  No one really knew this was the way it was going to pan out.  You notice not a single C6 dropped back to T2.....(that I have seen).  There must have been a really good reason.  Look at the RO signups already.....nearly all T1 is C6s and they still only have 10 cars.........I'm not looking for many more to sign up.   T2 should have more numbers (historically) but may not since the year has shown the C5 Vette to be the car of choice and  sadly maybe everyone driving something else will chose not to come (ie keeping the T2/3 Mustangs at home).

My fault, I thought the help for the Porsche was being frowned upon because you had been told "there weren't supposed to be any changes prior to the runoffs".  I guess I misunderstood that was displeasure?

Not surprised there isn't 100lbs to get out of the Porsche.

It is a shame that T2 goes from one of the best touring classes with a lot of parity to one of the worst.  It is good news for the C5 indeed though and glad they were not all run off but the output looks like it ran everyone else off and in newer cars which is unfortunate I think.

dhrmx5
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    29 Jul 2013 12:48 PM
    I am having a really tough time deciding to go. Every class has a dominant car and I don't own any of them. I am not really in the mood to build more cars. On the other hand, it should be a great event with some old school guys showing up in who knows what.
    Cheyne
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    30 Jul 2013 12:55 PM
    Here are links to the results:

Saturday:
    http://www.mylaps.com/en/classification/2792660

Sunday:
    http://www.mylaps.com/en/classification/2792662
    CP Thunder
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    30 Jul 2013 11:07 PM
    Posted By twin_turborx7 on 29 Jul 2013 10:36 AM
    Posted By CP Thunder on 28 Jul 2013 11:28 PM

My fault, I thought the help for the Porsche was being frowned upon because you had been told "there weren't supposed to be any changes prior to the runoffs".  I guess I misunderstood that was displeasure?

Not surprised there isn't 100lbs to get out of the Porsche.

It is a shame that T2 goes from one of the best touring classes with a lot of parity to one of the worst.  It is good news for the C5 indeed though and glad they were not all run off but the output looks like it ran everyone else off and in newer cars which is unfortunate I think.

The displeasure was being told one thing and it not being accurate........saying one thing and doing another.  The source was not my 'super secret friend' on the CRB this time.......but it was someone who should have known one way or the other.  I do have more than one friend.........LOL.

fatbillybob
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    01 Aug 2013 01:17 AM
    Any idea of what  T2   2014  might look like if you have a C5?  I'm not up on all the behind the scenes stuff.  When we were T1 the pres said something like they wanted to slow down the vettes x sec/lap and gave us the restrictor and ballast.   At 3300lbs and over 100lbs of  ballast what might our cars look like next year?  200 more lbs and 7 spark plugs?  Out of curiosity why all the hoopla over ballast and restrictors?  Is there a reason the CRB just didn't take away the A6's?  I'm sorry if I'm a bit clueless.
    Cheyne
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    01 Aug 2013 11:34 AM
    Over on the AS Forum Jim Wheeler mentioned that at the Runoffs the T2 (along with several other classes) cars would be getting Data Loggers put in for CRB to collect data like they did last year in other classes. I know last year they were using AIM Solo devices. Now they just need cars to enter T2 other than the 4 Vettes and 1 Mustang.

Cheyne
    MGrand34
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    01 Aug 2013 06:20 PM
    It would have been great if they put data loggers in our cars at Road Atlanta and VIR earlier this year and not wait for the Runoffs. Although with 3 to 5 second deltas between the vettes and the Evo I'm not sure how much data you need to know something is askew.
    ITRacer07
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    02 Aug 2013 08:19 AM

Beating head against desk!

fatbillybob
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    02 Aug 2013 11:55 AM
    Posted By MGrand34 on 01 Aug 2013 06:20 PM
    It would have been great if they put data loggers in our cars at Road Atlanta and VIR earlier this year and not wait for the Runoffs. Although with 3 to 5 second deltas between the vettes and the Evo I'm not sure how much data you need to know something is askew.

Actually, the CRB was putting loggers in cars at least as early as the march cota race because my T2 vette had one in it and it was an aim solo.  I bet those guys are doing a lot of work we just are not seeing.  What they are doing is never going to be enough.  What action might be taken for 2014 who knows. 
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 41234 > >>

Sunoco 88x31 Button
    SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner