30 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages
Vr4play

--
26 Aug 2013 10:43 AM
I had a great time at this event. I was scared to death to run there but after my first run I was fairly comfortable. Towards the end I had much more confidence and was able to push much harder. I may have been able to get a 41 if I hadn't got a stupid cramp in my clutch leg. I may have toasted the clutch trying to drive through the cramp but the car seems to move alright so hopefully it's just glazed a little. The course was tight but it flowed well. Thanks to all for a great event.
lycanthrope

--
26 Aug 2013 09:09 PM
i had a pretty good time. always love racing in the roval and the car felt really good. as far as moving classes im sure it wont be a problem as there are a few of us who need our classes changed. right now we are waiting on the results to be cleaned up as they had a few problems with t&s.
mister2dood

--
27 Aug 2013 12:53 PM
I'm hoping they get their results finalized soon...I can't wait to see the updated standings. With 8 points events this year, that means only 5 count toward the championship, right? It is going to be TIGHT going into the final event!

Tire Class rules!
lycanthrope

--
27 Aug 2013 11:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bix5...-bY-vY8yzA

my best run of the day. I'm interested to see what everyone thinks of my choices on the optional slaloms. i think i tried every different configuration at one time or another but this was the fastest....for me anyway.
flatlander937

--
28 Aug 2013 10:34 PM

I'm honestly not sure of which run was fastest... I had 3 that were all mid-high 47s, and one low 48.xxx run IIRC... I know some were dirty with cones but I don't know which ones for sure. 

I experimented around with downshifting back into first in a couple spots... one being right after the Chicago box and another spot being right at the turn-around before the final 2-cone slalom before the finish. I'm too inconsistent doing this effectively to say if it was really faster for ME or not... what was everyone else doing with slow/heavy/low powered cars? 

Vr4play

--
29 Aug 2013 02:42 PM

I don't have a low power car but it does have quite a bit of turbo lag if you get down it the revs so I found that making the right through to the 2 cone finish slalom I had to down shift or the car wouldn't get out of its own way till you were almost through the lights.  

flatlander937

--
29 Aug 2013 09:37 PM
Posted By Jeremy on 29 Aug 2013 02:42 PM

I don't have a low power car but it does have quite a bit of turbo lag if you get down it the revs so I found that making the right through to the 2 cone finish slalom I had to down shift or the car wouldn't get out of its own way till you were almost through the lights.  

Damn straight you don't have a low power car Thanks for the ride by the way! That VR4 is stupid cool. 

On a side note: that manual trans fluid I was trying to think of was Ford  XT-M5-QS (75w90 GL4) manual transmission fluid. Some people have issues with all kinds of other stuff and this is sometimes the answer, might be worth looking into. My Mazda3 calls for the same fluid weight and I run Redline MT-90 and it's been great... took care of a crunchy 2nd gear when shifting quickly.

lnfftw2

--
29 Aug 2013 10:47 PM
flatlander937

--
05 Sep 2013 12:44 PM
Any idea when we will see the results from this event?
Arachnyd

--
07 Sep 2013 08:16 AM
The August 4th event was posted August 13th, so it took 9 days.

I've been looking almost every day, but still waiting. I figured it would be less than 2 weeks, but hopefully they'll either be up soon or we'll get a better idea as to when they'll be up!
lnfftw2

--
08 Sep 2013 05:26 PM
The results aren't updated on our site at this time, because we are still awaiting results from WOR. As soon as we get them the site will be updated.
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Sunoco 88x31 Button
Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
Leroy Engineering Micro Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner