25 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
lycanthrope

--
05 Aug 2013 11:10 AM

i felt like this should have a thread. i think things went pretty well.

Arachnyd

--
    05 Aug 2013 01:53 PM
    I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures/Video. Anything posted anywhere?
    Grayson

--
    05 Aug 2013 03:04 PM
    This forum software is really crappy.

...but on topic, here is a list of local class winners:

Jim Zeisler

Christopher Grayson

Shari McCoy

Scott Giles

Tom O'Gorman

David Santel

Seeing as there were 45 classes, and we only had six locals win, it really goes to show just how difficult it is to win at the National level. There were a total of 262 drivers entered.
    a67ssrs

--
    05 Aug 2013 06:48 PM
    I had a blast, the event felt like it ran more smoothly than any I have ever attended. Kudos to everyone! Brooks, there are video links posted in the video thread 2.0, under general discussion. 
    Catch-22

--
    05 Aug 2013 09:33 PM
    We did a great job guys. The National Staff was very impressed.
    Hopefully the airport will be as well.
    lightisfast

--
    05 Aug 2013 11:37 PM
    It really was a great event. Everything was done very efficiently and it went smoothly. When you think of how we got 260 cars through in about 7-8 hours that is pretty good. I was doing the start and the only thing I saw that could have been better was more corner works. The course was setup to safely have 4 cars on it, but the course workers had to do a lot of running around at that pace. At a smaller site its not a big deal, but this was so big there was more ground to cover.

I sure hope we made a good impression on the airport and the community.
    Arachnyd

--
    06 Aug 2013 12:27 PM
    Posted By Grayson on 05 Aug 2013 03:04 PM
    This forum software is really crappy.

...but on topic, here is a list of local class winners:

Jim Zeisler

Christopher Grayson

Shari McCoy

Scott Giles

Tom O'Gorman

David Santel

Seeing as there were 45 classes, and we only had six locals win, it really goes to show just how difficult it is to win at the National level. There were a total of 262 drivers entered.

I must be missing something.... "only six locals win"? That sounds pretty good to me. Thats about 15% of the "W"s came from here. I would certainly expect nationals to be competitive, and that sounds pretty healthy to me. There wasn't too much of a "home field" advantage as with one exception, we don't even have much experience at this site.

Makes me feel good about our home team! haha, although I can't claim any part in their successes, I can atleast be an obnoxious armchair driver cheering them on. Good work guys and gals!
    F125AXer
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    06 Aug 2013 01:01 PM
    The Cincy Region did themselves proud, IMO. Those of us who drove/trailered a couple of hundred miles to get there were glad we did. Speaking for myself, I'd happily return.

One thing I do not understand: Why those with self-contained motorhomes were not allowed to stay in the paddock area, and instead had to move a mile up the road to a similar spot. I'm personally always in favor of having people stay where the stuff is, for security reasons.
    lycanthrope

--
    06 Aug 2013 10:14 PM
    Just one of the airports rules. They had a few that seemed odd but I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that they didn't understand what we do. After this event my hope is that they will loosen up a few thing like camping in the area you mentioned.
    lnfftw2

--
    06 Aug 2013 10:32 PM
    The event went really well. I had a ton of fun. It's always interesting to see what kind of talent is out there. Hopefully we can do it again next year.
    Sean R/T
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    08 Aug 2013 11:13 AM

The Cincy region really deserves props for making this one of the most incredible autocrosses I have ever attended. I haven't attended a Cincy region event since we lost the alphalt Ford Plant site several years ago, but every time I come down this way, I'm beyond impressed.  This event got me excited about autocross again, and gave me a real taste of the Solo Nationals, from the top notch competition, to the technical, fast and big fun course set up by Sam Strano, and enormous site featuring Lincoln like high grip concrete.   Easily my favorite tour I've ever attended.  I will be attending nationals based on the enjoyment I had at this event, so hats off to everyone that made it happen, you guys are the pioneers of our sport, and the Wilmington site has taken Autocross to the next level.  I hope to see this event happen again next year.

I posted my videos in the video 2.0 thread; hoping someone has a link to some pictures.  

a67ssrs

--
    08 Aug 2013 08:40 PM
    F125AXer
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    09 Aug 2013 12:50 AM
    There are some really great photos in that gallery!
    slalomer

--
    09 Aug 2013 12:09 PM
    Is Jeff Loewe on this forum now Tavis? I have a question for him reguarding digital file shipping & handling prices. He doesn't appear to have a contact link on his website.

I
    a67ssrs

--
    10 Aug 2013 10:27 PM
    I don't know if he uses this forum, but if you click "menu" on his website I linked to, at the top left, then "contact", you should be able to correspond with him.
    lycanthrope

--
    11 Aug 2013 05:07 PM
    or you can just go to a monthly meeting. he usually attends those.
    slalomer

--
    11 Aug 2013 07:53 PM
    I didn't think of checking the menu tab for the contact. I just contacted him about it. Thanks Tavis.

Nathan, I already knew he attends them. lol

slalomer

--
    11 Aug 2013 08:27 PM
    Anybody with me on thinking the National Tour days start earlier than they should? I believe if they started an hour later on both days, they would get done with the runs still at a reasonable time.
    lycanthrope

--
    11 Aug 2013 09:50 PM
    It seemed alright to me but then again I'm usually that the events by 630.
    lnfftw2

--
    12 Aug 2013 12:45 PM
    I think the starting time is good. It allows extra time incase someone's car blows up on track and leaks fluid every where, or incase a terrible storm blows through and they have to hold the event due to lightning, or any number of other delays that can occur at an event. Also on Sunday some people have a long drive home and have to work Monday morning. I think that all these reasons are why they start so early. I am in the same boat as Nathan we are usually on site by 6:30 so we did get to sleep in a little Saturday and Sunday was just getting up at our normal time for an event.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner