Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages
btschafer

--
12 Aug 2013 02:33 PM
Posted By slalomer on 11 Aug 2013 08:27 PM
Anybody with me on thinking the National Tour days start earlier than they should? I believe if they started an hour later on both days, they would get done with the runs still at a reasonable time.

No.  I think all events, including regional events, should start on a a similar schedule. 

trippinbillies40

--
12 Aug 2013 03:22 PM
Posted By btschafer on 12 Aug 2013 02:33 PM

No.  I think all events, including regional events, should start on a a similar schedule. 

^^^I'm with stupid^^^

mister2dood

--
12 Aug 2013 03:31 PM
No. I think all events, including regional events, should start on a a similar schedule

Agreed! More runs, or more time to deal with unexpected issues, or home earlier. All of which outweigh getting up a little earlier. My 2 cents...
F125AXer
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
12 Aug 2013 11:16 PM
Speaking from the perspective of someone who drove nearly 300 miles to get home after the event at Wilmington, I'd have not wanted to start later in the day Sunday. Most of the entries for Tour or Pro Solo events do come from a smaller radius, often contiguous SCCA regions. But very often, there is a good sized number of competitors who travel a significant distance. If you were to analyze the names, likely you'd find a high average of competitiveness on the National level. Those drivers choose specifically to run events like at Wilmington for a lot of reasons. Many had a much longer journey Sunday than the 6 hours it took me to tow home, and you might have noticed missing trophy winners at the awards ceremony.

Fine to think in terms of the hour it took some of the locals to get home and stash the competition car. But without the hard-core people who roll up the big miles to hit the best sites, looking for the best competition, there would be NO Tour, and NO Pro series either.

One question, "slalomer" ---- Did you sleep in your own bed Friday and Saturday nights, or in a hotel?
slalomer

--
13 Aug 2013 01:54 PM
I understand the Sunday theory about starting an hour early, but I'm thinking the competition on Saturday could start at 10 instead of 9 in the morning.

I'm a Cincy Region member so I slept at home.
F125AXer
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
13 Aug 2013 02:09 PM
Even Saturday, with the restriction at Wilmington that everyone had to be outside the gate by a certain time..... Starting later would not have left much of any of a margin of error for broken cars, timing or administrative delays, etc. After competition, the course had to be reset and time allowed to let people walk it.

Starting early can be a pain sometimes, but if you have ever been at an event which had to be called before it was finished because of darkness, or site time restrictions, you'd understand better how getting a good jump early in the day is what works.

Dang, I think next year I'll just ask for a Cincy member to put us up and save the hotel bill! ;-)

Alan Sheidler
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Woodhouse Motorsports
SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner