2004 WRX - STX Prepped
 1 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
shane86

--
28 Aug 2013 09:39 AM
    Hey everyone... after some long running internal debate, i think it's time to part ways with the WRX.
    between all the autocross events co-driving, and efforts to have a social life, I've just been too busy to give it the attention it deserves.

The car is quite well setup for STX, and i do believe it could trophy at nats... next year (once that e85 allowance goes away)... as it sits.

Drivetrain
    STI Short Throw Shifter
    Gutted Stock Up-pipe
    Custom openECU reflash
    Bosal Divorced Wastegate Downpipe
    Blitz Nur-Spec R Catback Exhaust
    APS 65mm Cold Air Intake
    BoostFactory! Custom 3" High Flow 3rd Cat

Suspension
    ZZyZX Motorsports EM-Series Coilovers (Koni 8611 DAs)
    Ground Control Camber/Caster plates
    Whiteline 27mm Front Sway Bar
    Whiteline HD Rear Endlinks
    Whiteline 24mm Rear Sway Bar
    Whiteline HD Front Endlinks
    Whiteline Adjustable Rear Lateral Links
    Whiteline Steering Rack Bushings
    Hypercoil 700lb/in Rear Springs
    Hypercoil 575lb/in Front Springs

Brakes
    Hawk HP+ brake pads (new front pads in a box)
    Brake Man Stainless Steel Braided Lines

Wheels
    17"x8" Enkei RPF1 Wheels (15.5 Lbs Per)
    245/40-17 Dunlop Drizzera D1 Star Specs

Exterior
    Blacked out Headlights
    Debadged Grill
    Debadged Trunk

Interior
    Schroth Rallye-4 Harness
    TurboXS KnockLite

Stereo
    Apline MP3/CD Head Unit
    Harmon Kardon Drive/Play iPod Interface
    Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.5" Component Speakers
    Infinity Kappa 4" Speakers

It'll come with all the stock parts i have, which includes all four struts completely loaded, sway bars, and intake. I may still have the cat back exhaust but it won't fit in the current configuration, and parts of the original downpipe were sacrificed to the custom welding gods to make the high flow full 3" system that is on it today. I also have a spare stock turbo that has lower mileage that will be included, as the one on the car has started blowing some smoke.

It will also come with a set of stock wheels painted gold, currently wrapped with "acceptable" all season tires that I've been using to basically keep the car off the ground. I used to put snows on them, but the car has been garaged winters for the last 4 years, and seen very few non-autocross miles.

Mileage is at 101k last i checked, and it has not had it's 100k service, which includes a timing belt. I can either deduct that cost from the price of the car or have the service completed by a trusted mechanic. 100k includes spark plugs, oil, Coolant, gearbox, and diff fluid changes. It's running a little lumpy at idle as it REALLY needs those spark plugs.

only cosmetic issues with the car are the stickers, which i will happily remove, or leave.. and a dented rear door from a deer. it's mid panel, and can probably be handled by a PDR guy.

The only mods that are really left to do on this car are a pair of race buckets, some bushings, and a more aggressive tune. Current tune is mild, but delivers slightly more power than stock and can run on 91 octane. if i really wanted to turbo stomp all over Mr. Murphy's face, i'd have gone and tuned for 104 octane.

I have additional parts available that are not included in the purchase price, but are available for negotiation. They include:
    Full electronic gauge package with good center cluster (boost, afr, oil press, oil temp, and water temp)
    LC-1 Wideband system (the bung is already in the exhaust)
    APS 3" turbo inlet tube

There have been a few questions lobbed my way about daily driver, streetable, etc..
    it's entirely possible to daily drive this car. It will be rough, but on the new Koni setup, it's much more comfortable than what it was when i daily drove it. That being said, it is very aggressive, and it does want to rotate as it should. but, with the package included at this price, you can return the car almost completely back to stock suspension.

Right now, I'd like to see $13,500
    The added price of the car is based off the used value of the parts that are on it currently plus current KBB pricing.
    The coil over/strut top package will fetch over $2k on it's own pretty easily, as they're UBER-RARE

there is nothing factored for all the setup time and information I have to Impart.

shane86

--
    28 Aug 2013 09:40 AM
    I'm not getting a whole lotta interest for the car as it sits, so I'm thinking after nats I'm going to put the wrench time in and tear her down, and return to stock.
    Breaks my heart to do it, but if that's the only way I'll get some interest in selling it, so be it.

If you're remotely interested, let me know asap.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner