Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
NYR Solo
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
31 Aug 2013 06:20 AM

So the first full weekend event is finally in the books. It took 3 tries. The Evo/StartingLine weekend doesn't count for me because didn't run out of stories to tell the old ladies looking for the flea market that Saturday. AutoXers should not have idle time. Or minds.

So 105 drivers this past weekend. 33 did just Saturday, 40 did just Sunday. 32 did both days, with a few last minute doubling up. 8 of the people who did the full weekend had previously done a larger scale event, either National Tour, Divisional Tour, or Pro Solo events. Running the course in the reverse direction on the second day is part of the Divisional and National Tours. The major difference from what we did was that the larger events is a big test of skill as the number of runs you will have is much smaller, 3 or 4 each day.

For those who have not heard, Bryan will be stepping down as Chief of Equipment at the end of this season. I am looking some one to step up and allow this program to continue next season. Bryan has been the unsung rock of NYR for the past decade. The primary duty is to get the trailer to the event. Earl enough that we can setup and have a timely start. Ideally this wouold be one person, but I am willing to work with a group of people who take turns. The trailer is not heavy and can be hauled behind a small SUV, even the 6 cylinder ones.

I personally think 10 runs is on the high side. I have been kicking around the idea of AM runs for scoring and the PM heats as fun runs. I am curious to see opinions on this. 

A season points thread will be up by the next event.

Paul V

--
    02 Sep 2013 08:29 PM
    Nice double header weekend. Wish timing could stand up to it!

Thanks to Bryan for all the years of service to the club. Big shoes to fill....

My opinion on 10+ runs: No fun runs. End early if the runs start getting over 10.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner