You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
rtp.rick
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
10 Sep 2013 03:15 PM

Attached are the PAX/RTP Index Results from the 2013 Solo National Championship Event.  I hope to post separate Tuesday/Wednesday and Thursday/Friday groups soon.  This time the titles of the PDFs are not run together, but the "Class Pos." column does indicates final class position.

Just like at the Pro, it seems as if some classes have stepped up there game and are in need of a bump.  Still, after the first "absolutely stellar" drives, competition was very close.

H's & K's,
    Rick Ruth

EDIT: The PDFs originally posted here have been superceded by ones further down the thread because of a revision in F Mod Ladies.

Attachments
    mrazny
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    10 Sep 2013 03:24 PM
    no attachment Rick
    gtfour77
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    10 Sep 2013 03:24 PM

NM, no attachments yet...

christoc
    I'm an Admin
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    10 Sep 2013 03:29 PM
    Attachments are there, just took me a couple of minutes
    rtp.rick
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    10 Sep 2013 03:44 PM

I should have mentioned that I used the .975 Street Tire Multiplier for the Road Tire classes.

H's & K's,
    Rick Ruth

SpecV33
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    10 Sep 2013 04:00 PM
    Thanks for the quick turnaround Rick!
    marka
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    10 Sep 2013 04:22 PM
    Howdy,

Weird. I beat Heyward on index in RTR per the results, but show up here behind him?

edit:  Ah. Rounding error on the .975 factor, it looks like.

Mark
    Z28Lt1AutoXer
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    10 Sep 2013 06:35 PM
    If you finished one out of the trophies in SS just behind Matthew Brawn (you know, just some mid pack hack), you were behind 22 open car class champions. You also beat 15 open car class champions. Seems like a pretty big accomplishment for not even placing in the trophies.

Hopefully we can get a few more aliens in the class next year and make a SS trophy an even bigger accomplishment! After polling several other SS drivers to see who was leaving the class, everyone wanted to stay. The only consideration was who was going to get revenge on who next year!
    rotis

--
    10 Sep 2013 07:16 PM
    Posted By Z28Lt1AutoXer on 10 Sep 2013 06:35 PM
    If you finished one out of the trophies in SS just behind Matthew Brawn (you know, just some mid pack hack), you were behind 22 open car class champions. You also beat 15 open car class champions. Seems like a pretty big accomplishment for not even placing in the trophies.

Hopefully we can get a few more aliens in the class next year and make a SS trophy an even bigger accomplishment! After polling several other SS drivers to see who was leaving the class, everyone wanted to stay. The only consideration was who was going to get revenge on who next year!

Yea, to the surprise of no one it turns out SS is tough, really tough. I was the big loser 0.021 behind Matthew, I know he was struggling with handling issues just as much as I was so things didn't really work out how either of us had hoped. I actually feel really bad for Grant who had serious speed but ended up in cone hell.

Prior to Nationals I had already been making plans to give A-Street a shot at the beginning of next season. I think Glen Hernandez was thinking about it as well, although I don't know his plans for sure. I am very torn about the idea because I think SS is truly the most epic class when it comes to competition and driving talent, the reason I came in the first place.

If the car is an unrewarding train wreck, or competition doesn't materialize by this time next year then I'll probably bail to ST-something. I hope some of the B-Stock hot shots in CRs make the jump to street so we have an interesting class.

GTB/ZR-1
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    10 Sep 2013 09:17 PM
    DAYUM, Darren--you truly are an ALIEN!!!

1st time @ Nats & gets PAX--so what constellation are you from?

CONGRATS!!!
    rtp.rick
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    11 Sep 2013 06:56 AM

Actually, the Nationals software does not round, it truncates.

H's & K's,
    Rick Ruth

talon95
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    11 Sep 2013 09:56 AM
    Posted By rotis on 10 Sep 2013 07:16 PM
    Posted By Z28Lt1AutoXer on 10 Sep 2013 06:35 PM

Yea, to the surprise of no one it turns out SS is tough, really tough. I was the big loser 0.021 behind Matthew, I know he was struggling with handling issues just as much as I was so things didn't really work out how either of us had hoped. I actually feel really bad for Grant who had serious speed but ended up in cone hell.

Prior to Nationals I had already been making plans to give A-Street a shot at the beginning of next season. I think Glen Hernandez was thinking about it as well, although I don't know his plans for sure. I am very torn about the idea because I think SS is truly the most epic class when it comes to competition and driving talent, the reason I came in the first place.

If the car is an unrewarding train wreck, or competition doesn't materialize by this time next year then I'll probably bail to ST-something. I hope some of the B-Stock hot shots in CRs make the jump to street so we have an interesting class.

It sure looks like street tires struggle really bad at Lincoln just based on the PAX results the last couple of years.  I don't really think my car on A6's is better at Lincoln than other sites with a decent surface.  The only time I ran RS3's at Lincoln last year, they seemed to have less grip than other sites.  So to make a long story short, I think you might be pretty disappointed in running A-street when you go to Lincoln.  Could be wrong, but that is my take on it.  I've given up on it.

Dave G.

Scootin159
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    11 Sep 2013 10:17 AM
    Posted By GTB/ZR-1 on 10 Sep 2013 09:17 PM

CONGRATS!!!

"This autocross thing looks fun, I should try it out".... First nationals: Puts the better part of a half second on the field 

Dick Rasmussen
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    11 Sep 2013 10:30 AM
    Posted By talon95 on 11 Sep 2013 09:56 AM 

It sure looks like street tires struggle really bad at Lincoln just based on the PAX results the last couple of years.  I don't really think my car on A6's is better at Lincoln than other sites with a decent surface.  The only time I ran RS3's at Lincoln last year, they seemed to have less grip than other sites.  So to make a long story short, I think you might be pretty disappointed in running A-street when you go to Lincoln.  Could be wrong, but that is my take on it.  I've given up on it.

Dave G.

Keep in mind that the A6 and slick racing tire guys are typically on brand new tires for Nats which are typically fastest then compared to the older tires they tend to use at many other events.

Dick

flohtingPoint
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    11 Sep 2013 11:44 AM
    Posted By GTB/ZR-1 on 10 Sep 2013 09:17 PM

CONGRATS!!!

Look at Dixie Tour results, his first tour he did the same thing.

mtbprelude
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    11 Sep 2013 11:49 AM
    Posted By DickR on 11 Sep 2013 10:30 AM 

Keep in mind that the A6 and slick racing tire guys are typically on brand new tires for Nats which are typically fastest then compared to the older tires they tend to use at many other events.

Dick

Not to mention most them tune their cars for the big show and then drive around any issues on crappy/local sites...

chill

--
    11 Sep 2013 12:53 PM
    Boy, my STF class got KILLED in PAX! STF ended up being the worst finishing class (that wasn't a ladies class) at 352nd. Haha, so much for having an "easy" multiplier!

Also, Mods, SPs, and SSs littering the top. First ST* finisher at 100!
    Scootin159
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    11 Sep 2013 05:51 PM
    Would it be possible to get these in .xls format? I'd be curious to re-sort them by raw time and see what the results are...
    cashmo
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    11 Sep 2013 11:21 PM
    So to make a long story short, I think you might be pretty disappointed in running A-street when you go to Lincoln.

Are you comparing Vette's to S2000's or other RTR cars in different classes?  There will be no indexing in Street next year, you'll be running heads up with other A-Street cars. 

Regarding how 140tw tires did on index in general this year, A6's and slicks always do better on concrete in hot weather.  PAX/RTP is based on all around results including cold temps on asphalt.  Guess how I'll do in Oct against Frank/Canak/Fiedler at Miller Park.

davebs14
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    12 Sep 2013 08:48 AM
    Yep...at lincoln the street tires are no better than they were for me at Blytheville or Texas A&M. So no increase in grip like the R comp and slick guys have

You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner