30 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages
neverlift

--
12 Sep 2013 09:37 AM
Thanks for putting this together. It looks like on the West Course you have STX all the way up to 9th place and then it jumps to 16th place, and no one in between?? East course has everyone included though........
talon95
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
12 Sep 2013 09:47 AM
Posted By cashmo on 11 Sep 2013 11:21 PM
So to make a long story short, I think you might be pretty disappointed in running A-street when you go to Lincoln.

Are you comparing Vette's to S2000's or other RTR cars in different classes?  There will be no indexing in Street next year, you'll be running heads up with other A-Street cars. 

Regarding how 140tw tires did on index in general this year, A6's and slicks always do better on concrete in hot weather.  PAX/RTP is based on all around results including cold temps on asphalt.  Guess how I'll do in Oct against Frank/Canak/Fiedler at Miller Park.

I was not referring to the relative performance of the car, but simply the drivability of the car.  When combined with the Lincoln surface and national style courses that require a lot of vector acceleration (long + lateral), the car was just difficult to drive.  I was looking at the PAX because I really felt the car worked better at other sites (but the courses were different too).  I REALLY wanted it to work too, but have more or less given up.  Maybe someone else with more setup/driving talent will have better success.

Dave G.

christoc
I'm an Admin
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
12 Sep 2013 10:19 AM
I'll just throw this out there. I had the most fun I've ever had at Nationals and I was running 200tw tires!
talon95
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
12 Sep 2013 11:02 AM
Posted By Chris Hammond on 12 Sep 2013 10:19 AM
I'll just throw this out there. I had the most fun I've ever had at Nationals and I was running 200tw tires!

You and Dave did a great job in the Mustang.  Congrats!

morrisg

--
12 Sep 2013 07:36 PM
Looking at STR class over the last four Nationals for PAX, 2010: Motonishi was 147th; 2011: Thorne was 226th; 2012: Lugod was 204th; 2013: Peters was 246th. Yeah, street tires don't seem to work well at Lincoln for Nationals, so if you're looking for top PAX you should probably stay away from street tires.

On the other hand, the three Nationals I went to in STR were great competition within the class and great fun as well.
fastmike
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
13 Sep 2013 07:43 PM
STR does not do very well at any Nat events.
They do ok locally sometimes though.
TeamRX8
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
14 Sep 2013 12:46 AM
Street tires + whatever crack sealer goop that is coming up from between the concrete slabs and getting all over the surfaces and tires = very poor grip. Datalogs compared to other sites show distinctly lower Gs. Even the difference between the practice course area and the usual course area is distinctly different. The Toyo compound seems to handle it the best overall. I can't imagine SS on street tires at Lincoln. It will be a total disaster.

Had my fill of it. Moving to DSP next year.
rtp.rick
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
16 Sep 2013 02:06 PM
Posted By Scootin159 on 11 Sep 2013 05:51 PM
Would it be possible to get these in .xls format? I'd be curious to re-sort them by raw time and see what the results are...

I have started a new thread that includes PDFs of the Results sorted by Best Actual Time.

H's & K's,
Rick Ruth

rtp.rick
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
25 Sep 2013 01:20 PM

Attached are revised PDFs because of a revision in F Modified Ladies.  The change affected the West Course and Total Time results.

H's & K's,
Rick Ruth

Attachments
z06fun

--
26 Sep 2013 10:55 AM
Rick do you keep the previous pax results in an archive somewhere? I wanted to compare to last years Nationals pax results but the attachments appear to be missing from that thread now:
http://www.sccaforums.com/forums/aft/435695
Mark Hirt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
26 Sep 2013 12:49 PM

Those can be found at  http://home.comcast.net/~paxrtp/

You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Woodhouse Motorsports
SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner