Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Sphinx
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
13 Sep 2013 11:55 AM
    Has anyone tried to build an FR-S for T4?  Success/failures?  What's the consensus on its competitiveness?  I don't see a trunk package speced for it in the GCR.
    dhrmx5
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    24 Nov 2013 01:54 PM

The car doesn't need much. I have friends who were lapping one at Fontana and were within 1.5   seconds of the T4 track record in a bone stock car with a passenger (which would be similar to the T4 weight). The only mod was a set of 2 year old BFG R1. Not the S, the harder compound.

I can only assume the car would be even better at a handling/braking track.

fatbillybob
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    24 Nov 2013 04:57 PM
    The FRS is the coolest car to come along in a while. It is this generation of kid's 240Z. I'm surprised we don't see more on track. The ricer tuners seem to be embracing them. Is there a printed list of 2014 rules for the FRS yet?
    hklvette
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    24 Nov 2013 09:24 PM
    What brake packages are people using on track-use Toyobarus? Going straight to a BBK or swapping in STi parts? I sure hope its not the stock stuff. During R&T's lightning lap with one that was their biggest complaint. It couldn't get around VIR full ONCE without fading the brakes, and that's on stock rubber. I doubt a cooling setup would be enough to fix that.
    dhrmx5
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    25 Nov 2013 05:45 AM
    Stock brakes with any pads and ducts are required in T4.  Should be more than adequate at the 3175 weight that the car runs at. The newest Fastrack may have dropped weight of the car.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner