Season Ending Solo Fun Event - Registration is OPEN
 4 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
btschafer

--
21 Sep 2013 04:38 PM

Registration is now open for our season ending Solo Fun event.  Our Solo Chairs expect to throw an interesting twist into this event with some form of challenge.  Stay tuned for details...

http://myautoevents.com/pls/mae/frm...t_id=14313

lycanthrope

--
    21 Sep 2013 08:04 PM
    that twist will most likely involve a bracket.....should be lots of fun.
    Arachnyd

--
    25 Sep 2013 08:02 PM
    Too bad its during a Bengals Game Y'alls have a lot of fun. I'll probably come for the first few hours to watch but won't be competing because I have split loyalty!!! Looks like fun though!
    lycanthrope

--
    04 Oct 2013 10:31 PM
    Ok so a few people have been asking(or so I'm told) what our plans are for this event. First off, in regards to the weather, as always we will race rain or shine. The only thing that will stop us is dangerous weather (lightning, extreme winds and/or tornados). That being said it looks like its going to rain so come prepared. The only way that the event will be cancelled is if attendance is extremely low (less than 30) or if the weather is too bad to race in from the time of start until past noon. If the event does get canceled we will look into doing a make up event but as it is late in the season that is unlikely. As far as the race format goes, if we have enough entries (it currently looks like we will) we will be running in a pair of brackets. The brackets will make up the two heats and entrants will be randomly paired with one another. After doing at least 3, but hopefully more, runs the winners will move on into a single elimination bracket and work their way down to the final 2 who will compete against each other. Times will be based on pax so there will be no pro or sto classes however tire index will still be around so those on street tires can use the rt pax modifier. Hopefully this doesn't sound too complicated as its pretty simple, but I have a bad way of making simple things sound waaay more complicated than they need to. Questions....?
    lnfftw2

--
    09 Oct 2013 10:17 PM
    well things didnt go as planned but the event was a lot of fun and one of the best deals in autocrossing ive ever heard of. actually i cant think of a better value for seat time off the top of my head.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Sunoco 88x31 Button
    SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner