6 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
PMcCartin

--
07 Oct 2013 07:31 AM

original replacement floorpans are NLA. 

The way i read the rule you can repair a "stock tub"  car with like materials. While not becoming a "modified tub" car is this correct?

What about the stamped contours and designs in the floors or rear seat area? can the be replaced with flat sheet? 

47CP
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    07 Oct 2013 09:16 AM
    IMO, if you replace the floorpan with flat sheet, you need to take the mod tub weight hit.

DaveW
    PMcCartin

--
    09 Oct 2013 07:18 AM
    I find it odd that I could then in effect replace the floor pan in 3"x3" squares. Creating a grid of weld bead and strength. While remaining a stock tub. But the easier option causes a weight penalty. This just seems counter intuitive to me.
    47CP
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    09 Oct 2013 09:20 AM
    Posted By PMcCartin on 09 Oct 2013 07:18 AM
    I find it odd that I could then in effect replace the floor pan in 3"x3" squares. Creating a grid of weld bead and strength. While remaining a stock tub. But the easier option causes a weight penalty. This just seems counter intuitive to me.

I was hoping someone else would give an opinion on your original question...

Anyway, I don't see an allowance to replace the floor in 3"x3" squares unless each repair was to allow another authorized modification.

DaveW

bruecksteve
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    09 Oct 2013 11:50 AM
    Pat, what are you "fixing"?
    PMcCartin

--
    09 Oct 2013 04:05 PM
    a rusty floor pan.
    complete with holes I can touch the ground thru

Dave,
    "repairing" the floor pan is allowed. Is that correct?
    So if repairing the floor pan requires 6-10 3x3 or larger "patch panels" isn't that nearly the same as quilting the floor
    47CP
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    09 Oct 2013 04:19 PM
    Technically, there is no rule allowing "repair" of a rusty floorpan with anything except OEM parts within the stock tub rules.

I think that if you have some holes from rust and you repair them with flat stock (making sure you use the same thickness material) you would be OK. Perhaps technically illegal, but no one is going to question it and if they do, you explain the deal. EM is not rife with weenie protests.

However, if you want to remove the entire stock floorpan from bulkhead to bulkhead and rocker to rocker, replace with flat sheet, and not take the mod tub weight because no OEM replacement is available, then it is not going to be legal at that weight. You will have to take the 50# hit.

Hope that helps.

DaveW

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner