Roll cage in CSP
 2 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Illbebetter

--
21 Oct 2013 12:09 PM

I am adding a roll cage to my Time Trial/Hillclimb CSP car. I want to use double door bars that enter the interior of the door. This is what I can find in the solo rules and GCR pertaining to roll cages. The way I interpret it is that I am allowed to remove what is needed for the installation even though removeing those parts is not normally CSP legal. Am I correct?

Autox rules Rollover structures
    1. Roll bars must comply with Section 13.2.I.1 in Stock category. 2. Roll cages must comply with the following:
    a. The roll cage need not be removable. It shall be bolted or weld- ed to the car.
    b. The cage shall attach to the car at no more than 8 points, consisting of the basic cage with 6 attachment points and 2 addi- tional optional braces.
    c. The forward part of the cage shall be mounted to the floor of the vehicle. If used, the 2 optional braces referred to in (2) shall be mounted, one on either side, from the forward section of the cage to the firewall or front fender wells. No braces shall pass through the front firewall.
    d. Roll cages that utilize NASCAR-style door bars that protrude into the door cavity must comply with the GCR roll cage re- quirements for production-based cars.
    e. Roll cages which utilize door bars that protrude into the door panel must comply with all Club Racing GCR requirements for roll cages.
    Installation of roll cages in Street Prepared cars must follow the same standards for interior modifications to accommodate the cage installation as those which are applicable to Touring cars in Club Racing.

From GCR for Touring classes...
    G. Side Protection:
    Two (2) side tubes connecting the front and rear hoops across both door openings are mandatory. Door side tubes may extend into the door. NASCAR-style side protection, or one bar bisecting another to form an “X” is permitted. The door window glass, window operating mechanism, inner door trim panel, armrest, map pockets, and inside door latch/lock operating mechanism may be removed and the inner door structural panel may be modified, but not removed to facilitate this type of side protection. The stock side impact beam and the outside door latch/lock operating mechanism shall not be removed or modified.

ratt_finkel
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    21 Oct 2013 05:56 PM
    I believe your interpretation is accurate.
    Illbebetter

--
    21 Oct 2013 07:30 PM
    Thank you.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner