350z SP question
 8 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
2FMRaines

--
12 Nov 2013 11:02 AM

I was under the impression that if your car started in say CS, when you did a modification that bumped you up a class you would follow that class. IE: I changed the wheel size and offset, I would move from CS to CSP. I looked and looked and found an article that 350z's were in BSP, yet I was allowed and advised to run in CSP most of this past year (local solo only).

During the last race there was another 350z in BSP, he was told to run in BSP. So, which is it and can I maybe get a little explanation of this. I'm not finding anything in the 2013 rulebook about this either, I may be blind but dang, so confusing.

mlane350z
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    12 Nov 2013 12:04 PM
    BSP

/thread.
    2FMRaines

--
    12 Nov 2013 01:00 PM
    I understand that now. Was helped out and found the list in the rulebook. But why do they move around like that? Example: a modified 2012 Camaro moves from FS to ESP. Plus I guess from BSP the 350z moves into FP? Does this have something to with how the car reacts to the said limited modifications to street prepared classes? Sorry, I would just like to understand this, as a few of my friends will be joining SCCA next year.
    mlane350z
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    12 Nov 2013 01:16 PM
    CS->BSP->SSM->FP->XP->and so on
    Z3papa
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    12 Nov 2013 02:01 PM
    Tell your friends that its foolish to make the assumption that once you buy a letter for a stock/street class to assume that letter will dictate classes further up the line of modification. FYI -- your car now falls in STU if you build it that direction.
    85rx-7gsl-se
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    12 Nov 2013 02:44 PM
    The classing systems for solo classification are not linear in nature (even if at some distant time they were intended to be).
    2FMRaines

--
    12 Nov 2013 07:57 PM
    Ok, that is where I really went wrong. I was used to a linear classing system. This was the first year I really tried to make events and next year I should be able to make them all. Where I am, I can't seem to get a lot of help in classing questions, well anything outside of what car (stock trim) goes into what class.

Z3papa: as planned for anytime in the recent future the car will remain in BSP. There are plans to supercharge the car, but that will be years down the road. I first have to catch my driving skill up to the level at which the car performs. I am no where near that point, so I have time.

Again, thank you very much
    christoc
    I'm an Admin
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    12 Nov 2013 09:27 PM
    350z BSP suspension still for sale

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/pts/4100377152.html

Any questions just ask

drdisque
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    12 Nov 2013 10:16 PM
    If your car isn't built to the BSP spec then you may want to read the STU rules. STU is a lower level of prep than Street Prepared. Your car may already be legal for STU or may be legal for STU if you change just a few things. That being said, STU is a pretty fast class and in most regions more popular than BSP, so while STU will get you a softer pax and maybe more cars to run against in your class, it may also mean more really fast cars to beat in your region.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner