Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
fatbillybob
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
15 Nov 2013 08:12 PM

New rules for C5 in T2 are draconian.  new 55mm restrictor $75.00 required. Extra 150lbs of ballast!  That is 350lbs more than the car normally weighs.  How safe is that inside your car?  $485.00 of lead shipped.  2" of tire taken away!   Now my stock of 315's are worthless.  Good luck selling those off at $1500/set.  Need another $500 ECU tune.

Thank You Thank You CRB for increasing the costs of our racing.  You could have easily accomplished a goal of slowing us down by mandating much cheaper measures.  

ITRacer07
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    21 Nov 2013 07:38 AM

Not that I am on the Touring Committee or on the CRB, but what would you suggest?   

jcp907

--
    21 Nov 2013 08:45 AM
    Posted By ITRacer07 on 21 Nov 2013 07:38 AM

Not that I am on the Touring Committee or on the CRB, but what would you suggest?   

A mandatory reflash of the PCM that limits power would cost a lot less and be relatively easy to implement.

fatbillybob
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    21 Nov 2013 05:47 PM
    Posted By ITRacer07 on 21 Nov 2013 07:38 AM

Different tires.  Say b by to  Hoohoo A6...cost zero!

I still have a hard time safely bolting 350 lbs of lead or steel inside the cockpit with me.   We need to design for a 50G minimum crash.  I see guys bolting used brake rotors to the sheetmetal floor of their cars.  Is that a good idea?  If you can jack the car from there I don't think so.  Vettes have a balsawood sandwich fiberglass floor.  I don't feel good about that either.

dhrmx5
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    24 Nov 2013 01:47 PM

I agree. Those rules are draconian. They are, however, easier on the Vettes than what I would propose. The Vette never should have been inT2 in the first place.

Yes, I own one.

RBK

--
    05 Jan 2014 05:29 PM
    SCCA "club racing" is "entry" level. However, as the years have passed the entrance "criteria" has notched up with the jprofessional criteria, making everything more expensive. Secondly, SCCA wants to maximize its fields and made a big mistake with STO. As a result of these "classless" cars, they want to consolidate, so create, imo, a bastardized T-1 class. As for T-2, which should have remained T1 in the first place, there is a desire to make competitive all marque's. However, as has always been the case and will forever be the case, there are unintended consequences. Trying to make it "fair" simply gives the advantage to someone else. As an owner of a C5 who may compete in T2, I am now looking at buying/building a T-1 car to the newest requirements, and cannot see that costing less than $100,000, not to mention piling up a bunch of "old" parts that have now been rendered obsolete. The one constant - change, the one predictable oiutcome, the same thing over and over again. Best
    Wolverton

--
    13 Jan 2014 04:29 PM
    The rules make zero sense. and my current Rims wont fit the smaller tire so im in general throwing my hands up on this one. IMO best and most fun/cheapest move for me. Ill run T-1 or maybe GT-2 locally. car isn't a top dog but in the Midwest *shrug* itll be more fun than running a moving bus in T2
    2 gtos

--
    25 Jan 2014 03:52 PM
    This past year I got my liscense and had my car set up for T2 but never actually raced this year. I have the same reaction, I don't want to add that much weight ans a bit bummed that I need to change it already. I just read the February fast track page 19 with some changes for C5 in T1. I am not familiar enough with how to interpret these things so would like some clarification. It looks like they are saying you could run a C5 in T1-LP running a stock LS6 and you can be at 3,200 lbs. My impression is that for T1-LP is basically a 2013 T2 C5 but you can go 100lbs lighter. I can not understand what you are allowed to do with suspension, aero, intake, and restrictor. It looks like you can also run 315s. I wonder if T1-LP is bascially the old T2 C5 but lighter and no restrictor? Maybe this helps us fatbillybob?
    Olitho
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    28 Jan 2014 12:38 PM
    It is basically the old T1 Corvette spec from 2012 reincarnated.
    dhrmx5
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    30 Jan 2014 10:18 AM
    Posted By Wolverton on 13 Jan 2014 04:29 PM
    The rules make zero sense. and my current Rims wont fit the smaller tire so im in general throwing my hands up on this one. IMO best and most fun/cheapest move for me. Ill run T-1 or maybe GT-2 locally. car isn't a top dog but in the Midwest *shrug* itll be more fun than running a moving bus in T2

Quit your whining.

The screwup in the T2 rules allowed you to come in and win the championship and you are unhappy that they have corrected them?

The vettes never should have been in T2 in the first place. I don't know why they keep trying to make them fit. Aquilante proved the old LS6 has plenty of life in it. Build your car for T1 and go racing.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Sunoco 88x31 Button
    SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner