Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
froggy47
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
06 Dec 2013 08:46 PM

Posting for a friend who runs SP, would the up/back rule allow a bolt in diff swap from cars on the same line?

Thanks.

Brigdh

--
    06 Dec 2013 09:33 PM
    Did you miss the SP rule that allows you to run any diff? I'm not understanding why you are trying to justify a diff swap through update/backdate when there is an explicit allowance.....
    kb_solo2
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    06 Dec 2013 10:47 PM
    Posted By Brigdh on 06 Dec 2013 09:33 PM
    Did you miss the SP rule that allows you to run any diff? I'm not understanding why you are trying to justify a diff swap through update/backdate when there is an explicit allowance.....

Gear ratio's are not free, so that is probably why he is asking about update backdate...  

the answer is yes, you can swap diffs from other years/models on the same line.

Brigdh

--
    07 Dec 2013 03:48 PM
    Posted By motoring on 06 Dec 2013 10:47 PM
    Posted By Brigdh on 06 Dec 2013 09:33 PM

Gear ratio's are not free, so that is probably why he is asking about update backdate...  

the answer is yes, you can swap diffs from other years/models on the same line.

If the motivation for the question is to change the gear ratio, then that's not a diff swap, that's a ring and pinion swap and should be specified as such.  Asking accurate questions is how one gets accurate answers.

So, to be pedantic - diff swaps are allowed because of the explicit allowance.  Ring and pinion swaps are allowed between vehicles listed on the same line due to update/backdate. 

froggy47
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    08 Dec 2013 06:57 PM

Yes I missed the "any diff" thing, I did read the rules for my pal (he can't read).

I was asking about the diff not gears, but good to know.

Thanks.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Sunoco 88x31 Button
    SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner