Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
fatbillybob
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
29 Dec 2013 01:53 AM

how are other vette racers installing ballast for t2?  the vette is only about 3200 with driver.  rules added more ballast now 3450.  so 250lbs in the prescribed place, the passenger footwell, is 10  25lbs lead ingots!  i cant figure out how to secure that much lead.   each ingot is pretty big and the space is only the footprint of a passenger seat.  anyone got pictures?

thanks

Cheyne
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    29 Dec 2013 09:15 PM
    Why would you put it in the passenger footwell? Your class weight is 3450, but doesn't have any required ballast per the spec line. You only need to put the weight in the footwell if it is required ballast per the spec line otherwise you refer to 9.3 for ballast. In my Mustang in T3 I had to carry 140 pounds of lead. I had 50 pounds in the passenger seat area, 50 pounds in the back seat and another 40 pounds just behind the rear axle all on the right side. My 50 pound weights were 25 pound bricks. For the 40 pounds I used dive weights. In 9.1.9.2.E.2 only covers required ballast and not ballast used to get a car to the minimum weight.
    jasonberkeley
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    30 Dec 2013 11:20 AM
    In a car that is already generally balanced (like C5 and C6 Vettes are), you want to keep the ballast as low as possible, between the axles, and as close to the center of the car asnpossible.

In the Vettes, it is the passenger floor.
    fatbillybob
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    30 Dec 2013 10:42 PM
    Thank You both! I'm not up on all the rules and I appreciate the feedback.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner