4 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
AdamH

--
11 Jan 2014 11:59 AM

Hi Everyone,

First let me say I have searched this forum as well as many google searches but I can't seem to find anyone with this exact situation with an answer.

I have a 1991 Honda Prelude that I would like to run in STC.  The '91 came in two trim levels, the 2.0Si and the Si.  The 2.0Si had the B20A5 engine and the Si had the B21A1 engine in it.  My car is an Si, so it originally would have the B21A1, however the previous owner put a B20A5 in it.  I am trying to figure out if this automatically puts me in SMF, or can I run in FSP under the update/backdate rule, or can I still run STC under the "optional package conversion" rule?

It seems to me that I am stuck in SMF unless I take every single Si option off my car and convert it 100% to 2.0Si trim, then I could run STC.

Thanks in advance!

ron
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    11 Jan 2014 05:06 PM
    you can run it in stock or street touring that way if you change every component that would be different between the two models. This would include interior components, transmissions if they were different, etc.  Under the fsp rules you can update and backdate those components within the model year ranges that are on the same line in the rule book. 
    AdamH

--
    11 Jan 2014 05:52 PM

Thanks Ron.  It's going to be very hard to get all the parts to make the complete Si to 2.0Si conversion, so it sounds like I will run in FSP or SMF this season and find a B21A1 in the meantime so I can put the car back to STC.

PullG
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    11 Jan 2014 07:36 PM
    Adam -- unless you have the optional ABS, there's really no other difference between the two -- the other standard features on the Si were options on the 2.0Si. Fog lights, I suppose, which your car should have and the stock 2.0 doesn't...power door locks and the trunk spoiler, if you have them...but those could be argued as a comfort and convenience add, since your not trying to remove them.
    AdamH

--
    11 Jan 2014 11:00 PM

PullG,

You seem to know quite a bit about these cars!  Unfortunately (depending on how you look at it) mine does have the ALB option and power locks & windows as well as fog lights.  I see now from Ron's comment that I can run in FSP with the different engine because the 88-89 Si had the 2.0, while the 90-91 Si had the 2.1.

It sounds like you're saying basically if I were to delete the ALB with all the parts from a non ALB car, and leave everything else alone, I can run in STC?

The only reason this is a big deal is because SMF will kill me on index, and FSP no one runs in my region, and running unopposed is no fun, so I really want to get the car in STC if I can.  Looks like as the car sits now though that isn't possible.  It's either put a B21 back in it, or delete the ABS maybe.  I've tried to find an exact list of standard equipment from Honda for the 2.0Si and the Si, but all I can find is what people on other forums claim is standard on each model.

Thanks again

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner