Honda FSP Roll Call
 7 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
GP Hondaman

--
30 Jan 2014 12:39 PM
    i was just trying to find out who is planning to run their former 1984-87 CSP, GP and stock class Hondas in F Street Prepared this year?
    I am wondering if Steve Meritz & Stacey Despleder, Grady Wood, Scott Giles, Dan Costello, Scott Hearne, Rob Foley, and possibly a few others that I might have left out here.
    I already spoke to Mike Fehrer and he stated that he's too deep in prepared class form to change back to SP trim. Understandable.
    I am planning to bring my former1984 CSP CRX out this year. Trying to freshen up a few things and updating some other components.
    Planning on being ready to go by the College Station, Texas Champ Tour or possibly the latest being in time for the San Diego Champ Tour.
    Please don't be shy and all you guys with this gen of Hondas , please chime in.

Thanks,
    Luis
    racingfool
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    30 Jan 2014 07:04 PM
    You gonna fit 275s on the front of that little thing?
    GP Hondaman

--
    30 Jan 2014 07:10 PM
    Yes.
    275's on the front and 245's on the rear.
    I have also installed the power steering assembly from the Civic.4-dr sedan.
    Greg Anthony

--
    09 Feb 2014 09:26 PM

Steve Meritz, and Scott Giles are. Bryan Rawlins has too many parts to buy to convert. 

I know Scott has 13's from Tipple, not sure about Steve.

Look up the "SCCA Solo FSP" page on facebook.

Greg

FSP Neon ACR

ron
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    10 Feb 2014 02:06 PM
    Last I saw it was a proposal, How did that ever get through the seb. I don't think they realize they just ruined that class with a 1600 lb rocket.
    ron
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    10 Feb 2014 02:17 PM
    Might as well let the ef civics in that class now as well, not the crx just the civic, I've often thought maybe they should be allowed with separate listings, keeping the lightweight body and big engine separate. 
    GP Hondaman

--
    10 Feb 2014 02:49 PM
    With the introduction and allowance of the 1.8 VW Golf 16-valve powerplant in the lightweight Sciroccos and Rabbits in FSP, these cars will still have a least a 40 to 50 HP advantage over this Gen of Homdas - even with our ITB's on them.
    As far as weight goes, my particular CRX will easily gain 45 to 50 lbs. more weight with the 15" diameter tires and wheels mounted on it.
    Do not understand your point of larger engine from the Civic models? This Gen of Hondas share the exact same 12-valve 1.5 engine found in both the CRX and Civic models. No difference in engines here.
    As concerns the EF CRX/Civic modles, these particular cars have clearly shown their dominance in both the Street Touring classes as well as G-Prepared with their much more power engines and more sophisticated suspensions. I don't see these particular Hondas in FSP.
    Just my 2-cents.
    ron
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    11 Feb 2014 12:03 PM
    If you look at what is currently in the class the hp and weight of the vw's equals out when the superior handling of the current Hondas is figured in. When the csp version cars start to come in they will dominate the class when properly driven and then the top cars will be antiquated Hondas that you couldn't get parts for ten years ago. I know that they were burried   in csp but that is where the should have stayed IMO. Actually the miatas shouldn't have ever gotten all the updates and back dates between models and the crx's would still have a shot. But..... as usual if 10 people write letters to the seb then that must be the direction that the members want so lets continually change things.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner