21 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
imarcr2

--
17 Feb 2014 10:41 AM

I see there is quite a mix in B street for 2014.

C5 vettes, MS-R Miatas, Nismo Zs, BMW M roadsters and coupes, Solstice/Sky twins, and S2000s.

What will be the dominant car and why?

cashmo
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    17 Feb 2014 01:05 PM
    No one knows. The whole idea of moving cars around was that there should be no dominant car in any class. There may be some course dependencies and some cars might do better at Pro Solo's but it's all guess work at this point. Many people say this sport is %80 driver - %20 car. Drive what's already in your garage and have fun.

Jeff
    sjfehr
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    17 Feb 2014 01:31 PM
    If the indexes are any indication, the difference between CS and BS has been cut roughly in half from what it was like last year in Stock. If SAC & SEB have set the classes right, and all cars in BS are faster than the fastest CS car, but slower than the slowest AS car, they should all be so close that any difference *should* be within the noise. Unless the C5 turns out to be misclassed, my prediction (which admittedly isn't worth a whole lot) is that we'll see a very diverse podium at Lincoln this year dominated by driver skill, not what car the driver brought.
    MrAWD
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    17 Feb 2014 02:20 PM
    Not a single rally car in the mix...I guess they need to be all re-classed to the either CS or DS!
    murraypeterson

--
    17 Feb 2014 03:37 PM
    I expect the AP1 S2000 to drop down to the bottom -- the 6.5" width of the front wheels is going to severely limit the amount of rubber they can squeeze on.
    imarcr2

--
    17 Feb 2014 03:49 PM
    According to some of the guys on S2KI, 225s all around even though the rims are staggered...not really sure how that is going to work.
    murraypeterson

--
    17 Feb 2014 04:29 PM
    I run 225 ZIIs all round, and it works fine. However, the AP2 owners can run 255s all round and get noticeably more grip.
    cashmo
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    17 Feb 2014 06:34 PM
    Not a single rally car in the mix...I guess they need to be all re-classed to the either CS or DS!

Rally cars are already doing well in DS and the BS rally cars should be competitive on street tires. Jonathan Roberts was one of the few to give one a try and he did pretty well.  We won't know if no one runs one.  I predict drivers, not cars will rise to the top the first year or two and then someone will bring out something everyone's crossed off their list and do well in it. 

Posted By sjfehr ...
    If the indexes are any indication....
    You should really think about giving that word a rest.  You'll have more fun this year, especially if more Street folks come out and we have more straight up competition.

Jeff

kyoo
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    17 Feb 2014 06:50 PM
    frankly i think evos/stis will have a decent shot in BS.. the question is if anyone has one that would qualify in stock (street) class anymore lol also 09-11 tts maybe?
    Ryno
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    19 Feb 2014 12:45 PM
    I have an 05 stock Evo RS. Only problem is I have most of the parts for an STU build. I have been doing the math and think it would be cheaper for me to run STU.
    mrazny
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    19 Feb 2014 01:28 PM
    the 1M's we've seen are not gonna do Street. I think they are in the mix reasonably, but we're not likely to see one.
    Alan Dahl
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    28 Mar 2014 01:42 AM
    I think the Solstice GXP could do relatively better this year because street tires don't cantilever as well as Hoosiers so it's 18x8 wheels should allow more rubber on the pavement than the S2k.
    MrAWD
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    28 Mar 2014 10:36 AM
    Could GXP use 275s on those rims?

Fedja
    Joseph Carozzoni

--
    28 Mar 2014 06:53 PM
    A rally car placed 1st and 2nd at the 2014 Dixie Championship Tour in BS.  It beat all the usual suspects with time to spare.  However, they used a Federal tire - that per posts on other forums - does not like heat and in cool temps really sticks (I don't know, just what I read).  The temps per forum posts were in the 70's and cloudy.  Would like to know if that was a factor...
    edfishjr
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    30 Mar 2014 06:17 PM
    Posted By Mario Linguini on 28 Mar 2014 06:53 PM
    A rally car placed 1st and 2nd at the 2014 Dixie Championship Tour in BS.  It beat all the usual suspects with time to spare.  However, they used a Federal tire - that per posts on other forums - does not like heat and in cool temps really sticks (I don't know, just what I read).  The temps per forum posts were in the 70's and cloudy.  Would like to know if that was a factor...

That rally car was running especially high tire pressures just to make sure they could slide it around the corners. That is, they were not even going for best grip with the tires they had so that it would rotate well. They absolutely killed the rest of us.

Joseph Carozzoni

--
    30 Mar 2014 07:05 PM
    The Corvettes got even with the rally cars today down in Texas - by nearly 3 seconds. And there was a single car on those Federal tires again, an STX car driven by two people (Subi BRZ). Per the announcer,  once it heated up later in the afternoon their advantage faded.  This is consistent with a Mazda Miata forum that last year had a long thread on those tire.
    edfishjr
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    31 Mar 2014 08:43 AM
    Posted By Mario Linguini on 30 Mar 2014 07:05 PM
    The Corvettes got even with the rally cars today down in Texas - by nearly 3 seconds. And there was a single car on those Federal tires again, an STX car driven by two people (Subi BRZ). Per the announcer,  once it heated up later in the afternoon their advantage faded.  This is consistent with a Mazda Miata forum that last year had a long thread on those tire.

Yes, I see that Lane was also faster than Feinburg, the winner in DS. Feinburg was faster than than BS winner at Dixie. Dixie, as usual, was not particularly favorable for Corvettes, but with Strano as designer was better than the usual Dixie courses, yet more technical IMHO. How was the Texas course? The high-power classes seem to have done particularly well, like SSP, ESP, etc.

ltborg

--
    31 Mar 2014 09:08 AM

Fast and fun! Vivek did a great job. Nationals is going to be good.

While it was more of a Corvette course than not, I'd say the C5 has a good shot in BS.

josh18_2k

--
    31 Mar 2014 10:24 AM
    The vette was far faster than all the other street tire classes (incl str & stu)... Is it too fast of the class, or was everyone else slow?
    BigEnos
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    31 Mar 2014 12:47 PM
    I can't say anything for other people in the street classes, but for me:

1) Lane is a beast driver in a car he's very familiar with.

2) I am still adjusting to the Hankooks. I'm at a good rough setup for the car, but I don't think I'm 100% happy yet.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner