Why no Tercel in ST?
 3 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
karloz

--
17 Feb 2014 08:45 PM

(OK, flame suit on for asking about a Tercel)

I noticed this car isn't allowed in any of the ST classes and goes straight  from HS to FSP. Looking at its power to weight ratio and suspension type, it seems like it would be a good fit for STF (pretty similar to the Mazda2). Reason I ask is cuz I was looking for a light weight car that was FWD, easy to work on, cheap to buy and fix, reliable, and that wasn't a honda cuz they get stolen quite a bit here in S.FLA.  But then I see that I would be forced to mod it to death and runs Rcomps in FSP and still get murdered anyway. 

Keep in mind, this car would be for local comp only, no national level stuff.

moxnix
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    17 Feb 2014 11:09 PM
    Locally you should be able to run it in STC under the catch-all (Sedans & Coupes NOC (nonsports-car-based; 4-seat minimum;up to 3.1L normally-aspirated)

If you think it should be classed in STF write a letter at http://sebscca.com/ to get it classed.
    drdisque
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    17 Feb 2014 11:29 PM
    Yes, it currently meets the catch-all for STC.

If you write a letter to have it classed in STF it's likely it would be classed there with no objection. I wrote a letter earlier this year for a number of other low-hp economy cars to be classed in STF and they were all added.

However, if you're looking for an inexpensive STF platform that isn't a Honda, I'd recommend a Focus, Corolla, or VW instead. Better aftermarket options and more power than the Tercel but you can still find decent ones under $3000.
    karloz

--
    18 Feb 2014 12:23 AM
    Damn, I was looking to see if there was a catch all in STF but there wasn't, I didn't think to check the rest of the ST classes. Thanks for the info guys. I wonder how close I can get to my local Civic Si class king in one of these...not very close I imagine lol.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner