Front Splitter Clarificaton
 4 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Canyonfive

--
09 Mar 2014 11:02 PM
    for rear spoilers may extend no more than 10" from the body direction in any direction. Does that included mirrors or their mountings?

for front spoilers it must not function as a wing.  Other than having airflow above and below a splitter are there other  functions that can make it a wing? Is AOA open? Can it have other protrusions? 
    rosejm
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    10 Mar 2014 12:59 PM
    IANAL, but...
    when viewed from the side and with reference to the horizon:
    Airdams -> | (vertical)

Splitters -> _ (horizontal)

Spoiler* -> \ or / (some angle between the previous two)
    * Wings are similar but allow air to flow over both sides
    Canyonfive

--
    10 Mar 2014 05:37 PM
    ok

for rear spoilers may extend no more than 10" from the body direction in any direction. Does that included mirrors or their mountings?

for front splitters it must not function as a wing. Other than having airflow above and below a splitter are there other functions that can make it a wing? Is AOA open? Can it have other protrusions?
    ratt_finkel
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    10 Mar 2014 05:52 PM
    If you check the gotcone.com photos. You can see numerous real world examples of this ruling. Check the SP category under Nationals 2013.
    madlib

--
    10 Mar 2014 08:48 PM
    The way I interpreted the rear spoiler rule, the mirrors are not included. The rules state that the spoiler can not protrude beyond the overall perimeter bodywork of the vehicle as viewed from above. If directly below the spoiler is ground and not some part of the vehicle, then you went too far.

For the front splitter. AOA is free in SP, at some point it stops becoming a splitter and becomes a spoiler. As far as protrusions, I went as far as having endplates and had my flares extend to the splitter. I wouldn't blatantly add a canard to the splitter or anything horizontal that can be perceived as a wing. And according to the rules, anything you do has to be within the overall perimeter of the bumper as viewed from above.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner