You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
David Lehman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
15 Mar 2014 10:10 AM
    Did I read the fast track right ?

Is the new Z28 in A Street ? It says something about a 1LE, but then I see the Z28 mentioned

Thanks,
    Dr. Lehman
    cashmo
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    15 Mar 2014 12:05 PM

There was a typo, the newer 1LE is already in FS.  The new Z28 goes to AS with the ZL1.  The following correction will be in a future Fastrack...

Per the SAC, the following new listing, effective immediately upon publication, is added for the new Camaro Z28 in A Street.

Chevrolet
    Camaro Z28 (2014)

GTB/ZR-1
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    15 Mar 2014 04:28 PM
    Lemme know when you get one & are looking for a co-driver, David--those things look like a hoot!
    BSPC5
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    15 Mar 2014 05:47 PM
    Too bad you will have to tell owners that show up to events that the stock tires that come on the car are not legal for the class - street prepared for you or go home I guess.
    David Lehman
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    15 Mar 2014 06:17 PM
    Come on Gary.....no owner of a z28 is going to show up in one---to compete nationally.
    Locally it should be allowed to run on the stock tires, but not a big deal.

So far while all the old stock classes are dead---other than the old SS.....
    I guess the 997.2 GT3 didn't destroy the class....Although it was by far the class of the class.
    I know I sold mine, and Hollis did one whole event on street tires on his---although I know that Charles Kim bought Andy's old car.

I also know one top ten SS driver that picked up a 997.2 GT3, as he emailed me with a bunch of questions before and after he purchased the car. Wish I could spill the beans about who it is, but he asked me not to....so I will respect that.

It will be fun to follow SS racing as always.

David
    BSPC5
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    15 Mar 2014 08:25 PM
    I wasn't talking nationally, and this year we have the clusterf*k of double stock classes, so he would be legal getting waxed in ASR, I guess. Not next year though. I just pulled up a event flyer, and I see SD region is offering fully 102 classes (with Ladies). Mind-blowing. I also note that registrations for the SD Tour and the El Toro Pro are quite low, so it seems interest is at an all-time low out here. I doubt SS or SSR will make a class this year at either event in SoCal.

I am not surprised.
    David Lehman
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    16 Mar 2014 12:40 AM
    Gary, I was just bs'ing about someone with a GT3.

I totally agree with you that they screwed up the Pro-Solo with all this index stuff and all the zone championship, triad bs.....and everything else the national program tries to make better----but ends up pissing off their customers.

Even though I hit that cone in El Toro....running with you and everyone else in 2012 was a blast. Really a shame about the SS turnout now around the country. Looks like DC will have a big SS field, but not many others----until the end of the year in Lincoln.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner