23 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages
andrewjohn1317

--
11 Apr 2015 01:31 AM
Hi Guys. it's nice and good discussion. I agree for this "great" trailer tires.
toy4speed
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
13 Apr 2015 12:17 AM

Just an update from my original post. I ended up with the Maxxis tires, 225/75-15, in load range E. Have kept the pressure consistant (about 62 psi) and went to Nats and back last year (from Calif) with no blowouts. Have about 6k miles on the tires, looking good, so far I am very happy with them. I really agree with the recommendations to use a higher load range tire when available. Never a C load range. At least a D range, get E if available. Our enclosed trailer with car and stuff must be around 7k lbs, so I'm glad to find a decent tire!

edited tire psi, 4/13/15

Scoob
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
14 May 2015 09:36 AM
Recently went with the Maxxis 8008 Load E tires for our 11k lb toy hauler and I hope they do well, but one of the four lost a bead(?) on the way home from the tire place where they were installed. Only one on that side, so don't know what happened. It reseated fine and seems to be holding air.

Also have a little utility trailer for our karts that had a few blowouts last year on the Load B tires that came on it, so I upgraded those to the slightly larger Load C tires and had no more problems the rest of the year. Always go with the higher load range tires.
SccaDaub

--
04 Jun 2015 11:04 AM
Anyone try the "Duraturn ST Radial", in the st225/75R15 E load range? It's time for me to replace 2 of the 4 on my trailer, plus the cheap spare that I think is a 1988 vintage..if I read the date code right...YIKES!

The other 2 are Carlisle E load range, and have not given me any problems.... but the quoted price on 3 of these Duraturns is over $100 lower...that is hard to ignore. They're both made in China, of course...
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports
Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner