Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
rtp.rick
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
15 Apr 2014 04:16 PM

I have attached PDFs on the PAX/RTP Index Results from the Wilmington, Ohio Match Tour.  The "Class Pos." column is not really representative of anything.  If I get a chance, I may try to make it more meaningful.

It sure looks like Eric Campbell put the smack down on.  Also, for all you "street" folks, keep in mind that Wilmington is very grippy concrete where race tires and "R" compounds really shine.

EDIT:  I have attached new PDFs further down this thread.  I have changed the "Class Pos." for each day and, hopefully, corrected the issues caused from some incorrect times on the original Bracket Results.

H's & K's,
    Rick Ruth

Attachments
    mlane350z
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    15 Apr 2014 09:50 PM
    Rick, as an FYI, CAM PAX was raised to .859 for the event for reasons defying logic.  Also, I made no runs on Sunday so I am not sure why I am listed with a time on the combined results.
    rtp.rick
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    16 Apr 2014 06:22 AM

I don't know why they'd use a factor for CAM that is that hard.  I have recommended .840 for some time.  That may end up being soft, but I haven't seen that yet.

Sunday's times may or may not be prperly assigned.  I did my best, but may have selected the worng time for Sunday.  The Sunday and Final results are just an exercise.

H's & K's,
    Rick Ruth

GrantR

--
    16 Apr 2014 07:31 AM

When they saw Jr sign up in CAM with his SSP car I think they too SSP pax (.872) and applied a street tire factor (.985?) to it to create the new pax.

also, the Street classes ran first heat, when the course was cooler wasn't even remotely rubbered in yet.

Sunday's results are weird. I imagine it's tough to extract times out of the challenge data. The one run I did in the challenge was a terrible 60.7 (given the 59.99 warmup run I'd done just prior), but Rick you have me down with a 63.0? And a bunch of people ended up withdrawing due to the event running long and don't even have Sunday runs.

mlane350z
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    16 Apr 2014 07:36 AM
    Pretty sure they made him run on SSM * .975...
    JohnLawson

--
    16 Apr 2014 07:37 AM
    I expected the concrete to skew the results for CAM, street, and touring classes.The season will continue to be fun even with the 16 thousandths increase in the street tire multiplier. Drivers should expect a couple of years to adjust the PAX for the rule change. Thanks again for the work, Rick. Our whining should not stem from disrespect. Most of the drivers seemed to think the street tires were closer to rcomp grip than results may show.
    JohnLawson

--
    16 Apr 2014 07:42 AM
    Multiplier for the street classes is .991 this year.
    GrantR

--
    16 Apr 2014 07:43 AM
    oh i see, for sunday Jr had withdrawn so I had a bye, but we both have first round times. Those times are actually the times of the guys in the pairing immediately after us. Robert Lewis did a 61.064 + 1 = 63.064 for his first round run. That 66.468 isn't Jr's time, it's Jim Zeisler's.
    rtp.rick
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    16 Apr 2014 09:52 AM
    Posted By GrantR on 16 Apr 2014 07:31 AM

When they saw Jr sign up in CAM with his SSP car I think they too SSP pax (.872) and applied a street tire factor (.985?) to it to create the new pax.

also, the Street classes ran first heat, when the course was cooler wasn't even remotely rubbered in yet.

Sunday's results are weird. I imagine it's tough to extract times out of the challenge data. The one run I did in the challenge was a terrible 60.7 (given the 59.99 warmup run I'd done just prior), but Rick you have me down with a 63.0? And a bunch of people ended up withdrawing due to the event running long and don't even have Sunday runs.

Your first Challenge run had a cone, at least that's what the Bracket Results I have shows.  Robert Lewis (oddly) has the same time, with no cone.  I can only go by what I got (officially?).

H's & K's,
    Rick Ruth

GrantR

--
    16 Apr 2014 11:38 AM
    yeah the data is junk for those who got a bye. I can tell you taht I did not do a first round run, and that Jr's car was packed up in his trailer. kinda hard to have real times there But you can't tell any of that from just looking at the results. 2nd round 60.703 is accurate though.
    dannykao
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    17 Apr 2014 09:56 AM
    Thank you Rick for the results!

I think PAXing Sunday is kind of silly. Someone had 9 runs and someone has 2 (or 0). It's almost not worth Rick's trouble to spend time on it. :-)
    rtp.rick
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    17 Apr 2014 12:30 PM
    Posted By dannykao on 17 Apr 2014 09:56 AM
    Thank you Rick for the results!

I think PAXing Sunday is kind of silly. Someone had 9 runs and someone has 2 (or 0). It's almost not worth Rick's trouble to spend time on it. :-)

I've debated that myself, Danny. What I've tried to do is use the best 1st run from Sunday.  I don't use subsequent runs, even if they're better times.  My idea (anyway) was to try and make a (kind of normal) 2-day event out of it, using the same runs available to everyone.

As you suggest, because of some anomalies in the Sunday results (brackets), I think this is just sort of interesting.  Anyone is free ti ignore it if they choose.

BTW, in answer to Grant's response about it being junk for those that got a bye, most "bye folks" do not have a first run shown in the first bracket.  Examples are Mark Lamm, Chris Pruett, Chris Harvey, Laura Campbell, etc.

H's & K's,
    Rick Ruth

rtp.rick
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    19 Apr 2014 12:17 PM

I have attached new PDFs here.  Hopefully the Sunday "time issues" have been corrected.  I also changed the "Class Pos." column for each day, based on individual car class, not the Groupings for the event.

H's & K's,
    Rick Ruth

EDIT: I have reattached the PDFs.  It is the second set of three.

Attachments
    boss002

--
    23 Apr 2014 11:36 PM
    Thanks for the results! It was amazing seeing some of Solo's best in action!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner