Neon SRT-4 SMF clarifications
 3 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
BoneYardRacing

--
17 Apr 2014 10:40 PM

Im in the middle of preparing an SRT4 for SMF and I need a few clarifications. Forgive me if any of this is obvious 

Engine: Stock block, modified stock cylinder head, modified stock intake manifold, modified stock exhaust manifold, larger wheel in stock turbo, flashed tuned. I know everything there is fine.

Transmission: Stock upgraded shifter, clutch, and, axles. Everything is okay there as well. 

Suspension/Chassis: This is where it gets a little hairy. 

2002 PT Cruiser inner tie rods, steering knuckles, and, brakes. It all bolts on with no modification to K frame or control arms. The reasoning behind it is first off its all 17lb lighter secondly it allows for a better bump steer curve. This is my first curiosity. 

5th motor mount: The car uses 4 motor mounts from the factory, one in each "frame" rail and two roll stop mounts on the top and bottom of the pass side. I make a 3/16" steel replacement for the clutch cover between the engine and gearbox that allows for a 5th mount to be added however a tab must be welded onto the K frame. Im not sure on the legality of this 

Control Arm Brace: A single steel bar running across the lower control arm mounting points

Traction bars: Straight steel bars running from the sway bar mounting point to the K frame to limit fore aft movement. 

That's all I can think of now Thank You for your help! 

Blair 

10cjennings

--
    18 Apr 2014 03:26 PM
    Traction bar = ok
    Control arm brace = ok
    5h motor mount = ok

I'm not sure on the different steering knuckles, but I want to say OK.
    SteveEkstrand
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    18 Apr 2014 03:51 PM

The rulebook is very clear on the items you mentioned.   Its your friend.   And its posted on the SCCA website free!

BoneYardRacing

--
    20 Apr 2014 01:04 PM
    I did read it and came to the conclusions that I was okay (why I built what I built) however I want others opinions to be sure I was not having lets say an optimistic interpretation of the rules. Thank you both for you input.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner