Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
MrAWD
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
26 Apr 2014 07:51 PM

I am wondering what was going on so far...in particular DS beating BS raw. Anyone to explain?

Thanks!

Fedja

gareno
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    27 Apr 2014 01:31 PM

I'm not there. But I guess it doesn't surprise me that AWD cars launch better on street tires, than RWD cars do. And with only 32sec on course...its probably tough to make up that deficit when up against A+ drivers.

Joseph Carozzoni

--
    27 Apr 2014 06:07 PM
    The first place "D-Street" driver/car finished 2nd in Road Tire AWD at Nationals last year.  The second place "D-Street" driver/car finished second in D-Stock at Nationals last year.  And the third place "D-Street" driver/car just missed a trophy at Nationals last year.  And that Audi that finished 2nd and 3rd has been in nearly every National-level SCCA event this year, even to events on the West coast (it's North Carolina based).  I don't know about the B-Street drivers, but the top 3 finishing D-Street drivers are very, very good (as I suspect their cars are too).
    MrAWD
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    27 Apr 2014 08:01 PM
    That would explain thing for sure. Thanks Joe!
    z06fun

--
    28 Apr 2014 04:14 PM
    I think DC is a bit unique also in that you have a lower grip surface plus the up hill start. Then add to that that it was quite cool both days compared to normal DC Pro temperatures. Seemed like there were larger than normal differences in 60 ft times between AWD/mid/rear engine vs. the other configurations.
    RustoWRX

--
    29 Apr 2014 09:54 PM
    z06fun hit the nail on the head...a combination of an uphill start, sealed surface, and general course design didn't play to BS strengths.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner