5 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
jbond

--
01 May 2014 11:13 AM

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forums and new to AutoX. I've done a few PDX/HPDE events, but never tried AutoX.

I'm registering for my first event for this upcoming Sunday and I'm not sure what class to select.  I've read through SCCA's handbook, but I've got a headache now.

Car is a 08 VW GTI 2.0t. Mods: performance software, turboback exhaust, and intake.  Tires are Kumho Ecsta ASX street tire and suspension is stock.

After reading through the handbook and some online research, it looks like I could be STX or SMF? Which one do you guys think would be more appropriate?

Thanks.

kyoo
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    01 May 2014 03:47 PM
    does the software raise boost? and by turboback do you mean it is running catless?
    The Nebulizer
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    01 May 2014 05:14 PM
    Sounds like SMF if no cats and turbo boost mods as it sounds like you are describing.
    jbond

--
    02 May 2014 10:58 AM

Software does raise the boost. And it's not a catless exhaust.  It's a 3" turbo back with high-flow cat.

drdisque
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    02 May 2014 02:41 PM
    As long as you have the stock turbo you could also run DSP, however the PAX Index for SMF is actually slightly softer than the PAX Index for DSP, even though DSP is a lower-spec class, so that would lead me to say you should probably run SMF, in addition, depending on region, I think you're slightly more likely to have someone to run against in SMF vs. DSP.
    OZMDD
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    06 May 2014 02:43 PM
    Switch the software tune back to stock boost for the event and you've got a good STX car, assuming the new cat is within the location parameters of STX.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner