G-LOC Brakes
PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 04 Nov 2010 03:48 AM by  Feffman
Want to build a Road Course Driving Center in the STL area?
 3 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Andog

--
07 Apr 2010 08:22 AM

Greeting to all in the Midwest.. I am new to the forums and curious about past or current road courses that have been proposed in the STL region.. I am aware of the group in the Springfield, MO area a few years ago, Mike Yager was considering one at his place in Effingham. Anything else? Anyone know of parties that are interested in building a facility? I have moved back to southern Illinois, 15 years of motorsports and marketing experience.. Manager at two road courses, marketing director at major racing school... STL would be a great location for a purpose build high performance driving center...

Best regards

mtcrx

--
    07 Apr 2010 06:58 PM
    What ever became of the road course at Wentzville? I remember watching races there in the late 70's. Wentzville is a little west of St. Louis.
    Lynn
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    07 Apr 2010 07:43 PM
    Mid America closed for road racing in 1984.  In 1985 road racing moved to the new St. Louis International Raceway.  That track was plowed under to build the oval and drag strip at Gateway International Raceway.  Road races are now on the short roval at Gateway.  Drag racing continued at Mid America until 2003 or 2004.  It is now a housing development.
    Feffman

--
    04 Nov 2010 03:48 AM

[B][CENTER][COLOR="Red"]Gateway Raceway Shutting Down [/COLOR][/CENTER][/B]

By Pablo Elizalde
    Thursday, November 4th 2010, 09:40 GMT

The Gateway International Raceway, host to CART, IndyCar and NASCAR races in the past, is closing down, parent company Dover Motorsports has announced.

The circuit hosted its final NASCAR Nationwide event last month and Dover Motorsports said it would not be seeking to run any NASCAR events on the track from 2011.

Dover Motorsports said it has been in discussions with "several" interested purchasers.

"Gateway is a tremendous facility in a great racing community, but we are simply unable to operate it with an acceptable return," said Denis McGlynn, CEO of Dover Motorsports.

"We truly appreciate the many years of dedication shown by our Gateway employees and their efforts to make Gateway such a great destination for all those passionate about our sport - from racing fans and drivers to sponsors, team owners and sanctioning bodies."

Gateway, located near St. Louis, hosted CART races from 1997 to 2000, then being the home of IndyCar events until 2003.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner