BRZ STX Car Setup For A Newbie
 2 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
brianL

--
06 May 2014 01:35 AM

I'm new to the sport and have been loving it! I have done about 6 events this year and I did the evolution driving school phase one. I have a few questions about setting up my car for events and during events.

Car and mods

2014 subaru brz

-KW V3 coilovers

-enkei rpf1's 17X9 all around

-Bridgestone RE11a's

-I have a "street friendly" alinement

What I want to know is how stiff should I make the front and rear and what tire pressures to run

So far I have ran 33psi front and 30psi rear and the car on a warmer day has really liked that setup on colder days it slides more than I would like (also less grip do to temps)

I have kept the coil overs almost the same as they are for the break in period but I went 2 clicks stiffer in front and 2 clicks softer in the rear.The cars feels better but I feel like I could do better.

Also what should I be looking for like feedback from the car?

edj
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    06 May 2014 02:25 PM
    There is a lot of good STX setup information here:

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/foru...y.php?f=39
    Nathan Atkins

--
    30 Oct 2014 01:47 AM
    Yes follow that link and read up, but I would start by raising your front roll couple by ditching your factory rear sway bar. Try running equal pressures front and rear with that setup and see if you have more net grip. Consider a stiffer front bar as well, you want the suspension to give you a good balance without having to resort to weird combinations of tire pressures. You want all four tires working as equally as possible, get a probe pyrometer so you're not guessing, it's like $100 and the knowledge it'll give you is priceless. Also I think it's Perrin who makes a header that eliminates the 3-4k torque dip, that alone will find you almost a second on a medium speed course. Good luck and read read read!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner