Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
mtownneon
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
20 May 2014 07:14 PM

Everyone, I'm asking you on behalf of the Region to do something. Our next Solo event is June 1st at the Indianapolis Speedrome. This event is important for our Region and people have put in a lot of extra work on your behalf to make this event happen. The Region has partnered with IndyRPM, Gleaners Food Bank, and the Young Marines Association to host this event as well as a car show. The Region and IndyRPM have expended considerable effort to promote this event and we need a good showing of members to compete and show spectators and car show participants what we are all about.

What we are asking is that you register and participate in this Solo event. It's for a good cause and it will help present our club in a good light. There is another Solo event near by and I have seen that some of our members have decided to attend that event. Please for this one event, make our Region a priority over which is the better site.

While Speedrome is not a perfect site we have worked hard to make it work and work well. With our new timing system, we've been able to come up with course designs that while short and technical, are fun and promote very close, intense competition. The track makes sure there are good, reasonably priced concessions available. One of the cool things about holding events there is because of the venue, it's a great place to be a spectator. The entire track is ringed with stands and for family, friends, and fellow competitors makes for great viewing. It really enhances the atmosphere. Speedrome has just repaved the entire oval portion of the facility so the one issue we had, edges of the oval pavement separating from the infield paving lifting and creating headaches is gone. Also gone are the "turtles", the mounds of paving meant to define the inside radius of the corners for the oval which will allow us more freedom in course design. Yes there are walls but Kevin has done an excellent job of designing courses that mitigate the dangers of those slabs of concrete. Also, the rumor that low cars struggle to enter and exit the track are not true. If you've ever seen the outlaw Figure 8 late model modified stock cars that run there weekly, they are as low as any car that runs in our Region and those cars have no issue. Also, we've had several mod car competitors run our Speedrome events and not one had an issue entering or exiting the track.

I promise if you come, you will have fun, so much so I'm willing to put my own money on it. Here's what I am willing to do: I will pay $50 cash to the top PAXing pure race car and street car. I define a "pure race car" as one that is on race rubber (R-Comps or slicks) and/or is trailered in because it is not titled, registered, or insured. I define a "street car" as one that is driven in to the event, competes on street tires, and is titled, licensed, and insured.

You can register here: Indy Solo Points #2

thedrumm
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    23 May 2014 05:24 PM
    Man, I'm already ruled out. I'm a street car, fully insured and driven to the event, but on r-comps. I'm coming anyway. I appreciate all the work everyone has done for the event. I can't wait.
    Ted
    Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    27 May 2014 03:57 PM
    I'll expect my payment in future entry fees. Thanks.
    rtp.rick
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    27 May 2014 04:13 PM
    Unfortunately, I had/have other plans. With all of the work the Region has put into this thing, it seems as if it would be THE place to be. I hope folks take advantage of this opportunity to promote the sport and the Region.

H's & K's,
    Rick Ruth
    t walgamuth
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    08 Jun 2014 09:04 AM
    I ran there and had a good time. The finish line was pretty tough for a FF though and I dragged going out of the track so next time I'll have to raise my ride height to run there. My on board battery was dying though and I only got in two runs before loading up.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner